Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Miles, Queensland, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Plant Technician is a key role at the Condamine Power Station (CPS) near Miles. In this role, you will perform all of the operational and maintenance activities at CPS to ensure the station's safety and achieve environmental and business targets.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role are:
- Develop and review site-based Management Plans and/or power station standing instructions for assigned area of responsibility.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to the CPS team with the leadership of the Power Station Superintendent.
- Provide primary input to asset management plan for area of responsibility with specific emphasis on Safety and Asset Integrity.
- Demonstrate competence and be formally authorised to fulfil all the roles in the permit-to-work (PTW) system as Issuing Authority, Isolating Authority or Performing Authority while maintenance or modification work is conducted.
- Manage an area of the power stations assets as assigned regardless of whether performing continuous shift or day work roles.
- Plan any work associated with asset area according to PM Program and carry out routine maintenance tasks as required.
- Carry out the operation of the power station from the station control room to Trading and Network requirements.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
As the successful candidate for the role you should have:
- Trade qualification, Advanced Diploma, or Degree in Electrical or Instrument Engineering discipline. An instrumentation/electrical qualification is preferred.
- Certificate III or IV in ESI Generation (Operations).
- Boiler Intermediate/or Advanced (Class BI or BA) and Open Turbine (Class TO) Operators' Certificate.
- Confined space and working at heights certification.
- Knowledge in powerplant operation and maintenance including appropriate CMS, as well as implementation of asset management systems.
- Knowledge in Permit To Work (PTW) systems including competency to perform all mechanical and High Voltage electrical isolations as PTW Officer.
Your outstanding communication skills and ability to work with others will foster collaboration with core business areas to provide a service that will ensure asset integrity and optimal performance of the plant & equipment. You will have excellent time management skills drive for results, a solid understanding of the requirements will guarantee your success in this role.
The position is a 7 day on, 7 day off roster working both days and nights while on shift. We welcome candidates from Chinchilla or the local area to apply, otherwise accommodation can be provided for in Chinchilla while on shift. This is not a FIFO position.
If you have these skills, relevant qualifications, competencies relevant to the gas and energy sector we would love to hear from you.
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video