Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bakersfield, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Data Analytics and Integration Lead located in Bakersfield , CA California / United States through May 16, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 400807
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Manage business relationship with all stakeholders across both IT and business to drive adoption for data initiatives, working with product teams to campaign for accessing single source, trusted data (self-service and reporting queries).
- Develop sustainable evergreen execution plan including Foundational BI (releases and self-service), Data Quality Management, Master Data Management, Data Warehouse implementation of new data and maturing cloud and automation.
- Coordinate product and data delivery utilizing Dev/Ops team. Ensure collaboration and corporation to drive organizational strategic initiatives and goals.
- Engage with business stakeholders to prioritize data & analytics development, integration, and defect resolutions
- Partner with data stewards to define and improve data quality expectations
- Partner with business and IT to build and mature data and analytics OC in IT and business functions
- Responsible for developing and controlling deadlines, budgets and activities for product development
- BS or MS in Information Systems, Computer Science or other relevant degree
- 5+ years of experience as technical lead in agile organization with high volume data
- 3+ years of work experience of SQL, Datawarehouse platform including Data Lake, Enterprise Datawarehouse
- Dimensional modeling experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of agile and dev ops methodologies, and their application to manage team effectively
- Demonstrated ability and experience to influence, develop productive working relationships and lead technical teams and key stakeholders from different business functions
- Understand database design / schema and is able to spot risks, ask the right technical questions to ensure appropriate trade-offs are made
Relocation will be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Bakersfield
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.