Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Process Engineer located in Pascagoula, MS Mississippi/United States through (May 15, 2019) at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide process troubleshooting support, make technical recommendations, answer technical inquiries, improve process engineering tools, and develop process procedures.
- Provide support to and carry out studies (RBI, DMI, Relief Systems, etc.) to improve plant safety, reliability, and economics.
- Conduct test runs to optimize process variables and evaluate plant performance.
- Provide technical recommendations and engineering support during planned unit turnarounds.
- Provide support for all phases of minor and major capital projects; this may include, but is not limited to, alternative selections, hazard reviews, scoping, equipment specification and purchases, implementation and project close out activities.
- Works in collaboration with project team specialists and engineers of other disciplines.
- Networks with subject matter experts in other facilities to leverage shared expertise.
- Provides requested technical advice and recommendations to project teams within the required time frames.
- A Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering
- A minimum of 1 year of related process engineering experience in the chemical, petrochemical, refining, or power industries: this may have been obtained through operation support engineering assignments or process design work for capital projects
- Basic understanding of how equipment functions in the field and overall plant operation
- Must work constructively with others (inside and outside Chevron) to achieve positive results via the Chevron Way.
- Good written and oral communication skills, strong ability to work with refinery groups and cross functional teams, able to communicate technical ideas to a wide range of groups within the refinery.
- Demonstrate role model behavior supporting the Chevron Way principles and values including support for diversity, leadership, teamwork, customer focus, and personal/process safety.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direct supervision.
- Proven ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
- A minimum of 3 years of related process engineering experience in the chemical, petrochemical, refining, or power industries: this may have been obtained through operation support engineering assignments or process design work for capital projects
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Hattiesburg
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.