Skills: Financial Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Finance Analyst - Vendor Master located in Makati City, Philippines.
- Maintain vendor master records in SAP - PC3-010 accurately and timely
- Perform control checks in PC3-010 by identifying potential duplicate master data set up before creating new vendor master records in SAP-PC3-010 accurately and timely
- Ensure compliance of all vendor master maintenance requests to the standard supporting document matrix prior to vendor master data maintenance. Compliance screening includes validation of Sanction Party/Country screening, Tax assessment forms for withholding tax purposes, and Supplier Diversity Tagging.
- Validate information against supporting documents and perform independent third party validation (through relevant third party sources, banks, etc.) prior to set up of new vendors.
- Check if the bank key/routing number is valid through Federal Reserve Financial Services website (North America only)
- Maintain bank key record in PC3-010 and PC8 (Asia Pacific & Africa/Pakistan only)
- Review, investigate and correct, as appropriate, data exceptions identified by Data Quality Team on an ad-hoc basis
- Provide the required support to Data Quality Team and BU as they develop business rules appropriate to various SAP locations.
- Initiate and perform Annual User Access Review; Semi-annual review of inactive employee vendors and Semi-annual gatekeeper/approver review.
- Drive for results and take ownership of performance in accordance with the Chevron Way, the We Lead concept, and the FSS vision for process leadership and fiduciary oversight.
- Always understand the Vendor Master workflow, the process objectives, the whys, the logic behind each step and the risks involved within the process and likewise the process connectivity including its financial and enterprise connections with other processes within Chevron.
- Always deliver based on expertise not routines and always execute with foresight and awareness. Apply process leadership and fiduciary oversight, fulfill control roles and ensure policy compliance. Support Vendor Master processes with quality decisions. Analyze issues/problems using risk based approach, understand the end result and impact of everything you do to lead and safeguard the process to achieve zero incidents.
- Always streamline, improve and standardize. Trust the established process but exercise professional skepticism as there is always opportunity to find process enhancements to eliminate complexities without sacrificing controls.
- Exercise gatekeeping role for Vendor Master Data maintenance based on expertise and not routines by performing the following Service Billing Engagement (SBE) commitments:
- Demonstrate strong business focus by ensuring timely and accurate response to customer queries.
- Sustain strong internal control by ensuring compliance to and performance of SOX controls related to the process such as quality/peer review for master data set up with banking details and Team Leader review for set ups with intermediary banks.
- Perform timely review for master data set up with banking details and Team Leader review with set ups with intermediary banks
- Perform backup role as needed to ensure business continuity and the deliverables of the team are always met.
- Initiate and implement process improvements to sustain/increase quality of work, realize efficiencies and/or make the processes more effective.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, teamwork and customer engagement skills.
- Must have the propensity to work in a proactive, results-oriented, and customer-focused environment.
- Enjoys working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Certified Public Accountant
• SAP Knowledge.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters
Selected candidate will work in Philippines under the local payroll system and benefits
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidates will work in Philippines under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.