Skills: Electrical Technician, Workshop
Education: Some College
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
This is a multi-role position, supporting Oceaneering's Survey Services EMEA Region. Primarily, the Marine Construction and support of other service lines (AUV, C-NAV, GEO) as and when operational workload dictates.
- Ensures Standard Product Line processes are followed and maintained to improve safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Performs STOP audits as part of Oceaneering's safety program
- Inspects shop facilities to determine proper utilization and maintenance and adherence to our safety program.
- Schedule own workload and coordinate priorities, in collaboration with Survey Workshop Supervisor.
- Ensure all equipment is properly checked and preventative maintenance performed in order to provide maximum equipment availability and minimum down time.
- Installation of equipment in line with the client's specification and mobilisation procedures
- Attend vessel mobilisations
- Maintain inventory and stock levels of all equipment, safety gear and consumables for field jobs.
- Stage equipment and stock for vessels as directed by Survey Workshop Supervisor.
- Provide market research and technical evaluations for equipment purchases.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities however would be expected to guide and advise offshore personnel when they are assigned to workshop activities.
- This position will report to the Survey Workshop Supervisor.
- Preferably educated to HNC level or above, in Electronics, Information Technology or other cognate subject or alternatively a related vocational field. Relevant experience each in both Survey and DGNSS disciplines.
- Must have digital and power electrical experience, testing and troubleshooting experience. Must be proficient with survey positioning and hydrographic equipment.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.