Process Engineer Location:
Houston, TX Duration:
2+ year contract assignment.
This position is to support Mega Projects as part of the Engineering & Projects Management team in the Petrochemical industry. This role will be accountable for all process related technical engineering deliverables, supporting capital efficiency programs, supporting studies & options while implementing Environmental, Safety, & Security (EHSS) standards as it pertains to process design throughout the life of the project.
The ideal candidate will have combined exposure to field and office work related to Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Commissioning. Key Accountabilities Project Execution Bidding and Engineering Stage:
- Prepare Technical sections of the ITB packages
- Support project EPC bid process by reviewing bid proposals and support clarification process
- Support the project management Gating process by developing/reviewing project technical deliverables as per Project Management Manual standards.
- Prepare and assist Project Manager for presentations or any other reports required as per request.
- Must be willing to locate to EPC home office for project support
- Review and evaluate Equipment Vendors pre-qualification documents for inclusion in Approved Vendor List.
- Review EPC contractor documents/drawings for quality assurance and compliance with ITB requirements
- Review vendor engineering documents/drawings for compliance with PO requirements
- Perform projects Internal Assurance Audits at various stages of engineering progress to check compliance with project specifications.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination with Project Management Team (PMT), Affiliate representatives, and other discipline engineers.
- Evaluate waivers of Engineering Standards and clarification requests generated by EPC Contractor.
- Participate in critical reviews, such as:
- Engineering, 30% model review, HAZOP, SIL Assessment, Value Engineering, Sustainability, Inspection, and testing procedures & test runs, etc.
Construction & Close Out Stage:
- Witness FAT's (Factory Acceptance Test) and SAT's (Site Acceptance Tests) of critical equipment or systems.
- Support project schedule reviews
- Support project with contractor and vendor progress verifications
- Ensure compliance to EHSS standards
- Support contractors to resolve any technical issues and communicate any deviations to the PMT through the project MOC process.
- Review field changes proposed during the Construction phase and communicate any changes through the Change Order procedure.
- Review As-Built drawings for completeness and field accuracy
- B.S. in Engineering
- PE License is preferred
- 10+ years of Process Engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience supporting megaprojects
- Multibillion dollar project experience
- Owner/Operator experience is preferred
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.