The Site is located in the Pittsburgh, PA area (Monaca, PA).? Not only are we building a world-class asset, we're building a world-class asset organization.? This position is critical to the mission of team, and this will promise to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.?
The Lifting and Hoisting Focal Point serves as field coordinator for and/or consult on site Lifting and Hoisting planning & execution in Maintenance, T/A, and Construction.
- Demonstrates a high level of commitment to safety, environmental performance and continuous improvement.
- Ensures that L&H jobs are planned, scheduled, and executed with the highest regard for personal safety and environmental excellence. Must adhere to Shell HSSE policies, guidelines and control framework.
- Works very closely with the RM, NRM, T/A, and Construction supervisors, team leads, other planners, schedulers and OMC's to develop quality job plans and schedules.
- Quality assurance for all work including help developing lift plans, conducting JSAs, and equipment inspections.
- Conducts daily Field Audits to ensure HSSE compliance and L&H procedure adherence.
- Able to recognize job site L&H Hazards, verify proper rigging size/capacity, as well as proper equipment sizing /capacity.
- Will be required to attain Assessed Subject Matter Expert Certification from Corporate Shell.
- Assists in development of and approves non-standard & critical lifts onsite
- Participates in daily / weekly progress meetings with customers.
- Must demonstrate fiscal responsibility by being aware of and supportive of budget and cost performance expectations. Support the planning function in cost estimating when planning jobs.
- Support properly capturing and documenting L&H equipment issues and repair history.
- Ensure all HEO equipment inspections meet the regulatory frequency.
- Ensure rigging and hoisting equipment has proper inspections.
- Adherence to GAME-ME, TA, Project work processes and other applicable Shell work practices.
- Support HEO riggers, signal persons, and operators, both Shell & Contractors.
- Assist planning with HEO needs, ie. Size of equipment needed, pads, soil samples, and lift criteria.
- Support HEO team Lead day to day execution of L&H jobs
- Identify any delays that would prevent field execution.
- Contact vendors for information when required.
- Support managing the entire fleet of L&H equipment for site.
Will typically work with a mixed team of Shell Multiskill, and contract craft personnel. The work level and field size will vary, but can increase significantly during major activities or special assignments. This role is a key driver of HSSE, efficiency and effectiveness.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
The Pennsylvania Chemical Plant, formerly known as Project Franklin, will be a world-scale petrochemical plant in Western Pennsylvania that upgrades locally-produced ethane from Marcellus and Utica shale formations gas production to make polyethylene.? The petrochemical complex will consist of a world-scale Ethane Cracker Unit (ECU), multiple polyethylene (PE) units, PE logistics and supporting OSBL (utilities, general facilities, storage, and hydrocarbon logistics). The FID (Final Investment Decision) was made in Q2 2016 and the project is now in Execute Phase. As construction of the site progresses, the site is now growing to support Commissioning and Start-Up activities and prepare for full operation in the early 2020s.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum ten (10) years experience in refinery and / or petrochemical facility or similar facility.
- At least High school diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of process unit or has worked in a process unit environment
- Certified NCCER in either of the following -
- Rigging, Advanced Rigging, Mobile Crane or equivalent
- Working knowledge of job estimating, planning, scheduling and field execution.
- Able to develop "Critical Lift" plans as required and present to site management.
- Extensive knowledge around OSHA and ASME standards for Powered Industrial cranes, Overhead and Gantry Cranes, Crawler, Locomotive and Truck Cranes, Slings, Cranes and Derricks, Rigging for Material Handling, Base Mounted Drum Hoists, Hooks, Monorail Sand Underhung Cranes, Overhead Hoists, Below the Hook Lifting Devices, Manually Leaver Operated Hoists, Personnel Lifting Systems, and Rigging Hardware.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability as a team player, willing to offer and accept challenge and feedback on job deliverables.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.