Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- Manage executives' schedules, calendars and appointments
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored
- Assist the management team with travel arrangements
- Coordinate Data Group meetings and workshops
- Perform accounting tasks, including budget tracking and assist in expense filing
- Perform administrative support for the Data Group
- Provide general support to visitors
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts and office systems
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
- Organize orientation and training of new staff members
- Act as Fire Warden
Qualifications & Experience
- Associate degree required (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- 5+ years' experience working in an office setting
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Customer-service oriented
- Able to complete complex administrative tasks with minimal supervision
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.