Shell seeks students currently enrolled in an accredited Process Technology Associates Degree program to fill Process
Operations Internship positions at its Puget Sound Refinery, located in Anacortes, Washington. It is important to note that
interns will be employed by a contract company and will not be considered as Shell employees during the internship period.
During the 4 week internship, interns will work a full shift rotation schedule to include days, nights and weekends. The
internship will include awareness training and an orientation to Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) regulations
at the Puget Sound Refinery. Interns will be paired with a mentor and will participate in the following:
- Weekly safety meetings
- Exposure to Operations meetings and overviews
- Observe shift turnover for all operating positions
- Observe production sampling
- Observe permitting and gas sampling
- Observe operators prepping equipment for maintenance
- Participate in job walks with operators and maintenance
- Observe operator rounds, all 3 operating positions
- Observe operator intelatrac rounds
- Observe dock activities, if assigned to particular area
- Observe tank activities, if assigned to particular area
- Observe rack activities, if assigned to particular area
- Observe unit specific equipment and processes
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
To be eligible for the internship, you must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and either:
- be within 6 months of earning an Associates of Applied Science degree in Process Technology Technology from an accredited program, or
- have earned your degree within 6 months prior to the internship start date
In addition to the academic requirements listed above, applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis without requiring sponsorship
- Must possess or be able to meet the requirements to obtain a valid TWIC card
- Willingness to take and achieve satisfactory results on Shell's preemployment testing battery
- Willingness to support Shell's safety policies and safe working practices
- Willingness to support Shell's drug-free and harassment-free work environment
- Must be at least 18 years old prior to starting the internship
- Willingness to work at heights, walk on high elevation grating, walk up and down stairs and work in confined spaces and outdoors with or without accommodation
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Must be able to read, speak, and write English fluently
- Applicants must be willing to work in Anacortes, WA
- Willingness to work in a diverse, multi-skilled, achievement oriented, team-based environment
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.