Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Reporting and Data Analyst
This is a role for someone with an understanding of multiple data visualization tools including Spotfire and Tableau. Primary job responsibilities include understanding business requirements, working with data engineers to correctly structure data and creating intuitive and insightful business reports. The role requires a creative thinker who keeps up with trends in the BI & Analytics space to deploy the most suitable data visualization tools for the user community.
- Work with various business units to gather requirements, create technical design documents and communicate business needs to appropriate technical resources.
- Collaborate with data engineers to design and model data for consumption among our company's various data visualization platforms.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the Spotfire and Tableau report development and administrator subject areas.
- Support the design, development and rollout of Spotfire and Tableau reports.
- Provide administrative support for the Tableau and Spotfire environments.
- Previous experience working with business groups to understand and document business requirements and effectively communicate with technical resources.
- Experience with Spotfire and Tableau reporting tools.
- Experience with the Agile project management method and be able to effectively plan and deliver technical solutions needed by the business.
- Ability to prioritize modeling initiatives, manage timeline expectations, and ensure that technical solutions meet business needs.
- Understanding of Spotfire and Tableau expression building.
- Strong problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter and motivated.
- Hands-on experience of TIBCO Spotfire and Tableau Installation and Configuration
- Understanding of Oil and Gas production data is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Power BI is a plus.
Degree Required: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Years' Experience: 3+ years overall
Knowledge Required: Must be proficient with Spotfire and Tableau development
Travel Require: minimal
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Information Technology || Not Applicable || || 29874 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.