Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Natural Gas Scheduler
This position will report to the Gas Marketing Manager and will be responsible for providing operational support and expertise within Marathon to Marketing & Midstream and Production Operations. This position will include Natural Gas scheduling and producer services with a primary focus on Allegro scheduling and producer services activities in the North American growth areas (Eagle Ford, Bakken, Oklahoma & Permian) for the following commodities: Natural Gas; Natural Gas Liquids. The position will interact internally with Marketing personnel, Production Operations, and Production Revenue Accounting.
- Compile gas availability estimates for company and outside operated properties and communicate this information to the marketing group throughout the month.
- Input nominations for gas gathering, transportation, and storage based on the daily supply and marketing strategy. Communicate nominations to transportation and storage service providers using each pipeline's nomination system.
- Manage midstream and transport contracts in terms of flow assurance, rates, and rate increases
- Monitor and record actual gas flow of nominated volumes on a daily basis and make adjustments to receipt and delivery nominations to reflect changes in actual flowing gas rates.
- Develop contacts with production personnel, pipeline representatives, and external counterparties in order to facilitate the above activities.
- Review and recommend any changes to gas transportation contracts for the movement and/or storage of Marathon's natural gas supplies including the negotiation of discounted rates for transportation and related services.
- Review and process invoices received for transportation and storage service providers.
- Monitor pipeline bulletins and maintain an active knowledge of any maintenance, rate changes, OFOs and critical information that could impact the flow of gas.
- Available and on call 24/7 for the prompt handling of any issues that may arise.
- Actively participate in MOC Business Continuity Plan by relocating to MOC offsite location (currently San Antonio) during any significant MOC tower closure or evacuation events (usually hurricane related) and annual preparation drills.
Degree: Bachelor's degree preferred
Years of Experience: 2 plus years of experience in the industry
Major Discipline: Business, Accounting, Finance, Logistics or Marketing preferred
Experience Required: Accounting, Finance, Transportation
Travel: Less than 10%
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Land, Marketing and Commercial || Not Applicable || || 29881 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.