Skills: Subsea Engineer, Drilling Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Looking to join a growing team in an innovative role and industry?! Cameron, a Schlumberger Company is currently looking for ALL LEVELS of Automation Software Engineers in Houston, Texas as part of a new and expanding team.
As an Automation Engineer in the Rig Equipment group, you will be responsible for the design, development and sustaining of the control system for drilling equipment including draw-works, mud pumps and power system. Solid knowledge in the equipment control domain including PLC based control systems and HMI programming.
You will be working closely with developers as they develop code to ensure requirements are being met and to the correct quality, and you will conduct automated (and manual tests where necessary) to ensure the software created is fit for purpose.
SIGN ON BONUS FOR SENIOR LEVEL POSITION**
DAY ONE BENEFITS
TRAINING AND PROGRESSION IN THE WORLDS LEADING OIL SERVICES COMPANY
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Engineering from a four-year College or University in related discipline such as Electrical / Computer / Controls & Instrumentation/Mechatronics
- Expertise in Siemens PLC, Step 7 and TIA portal
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US both now and in the future without sponsorship
- Knowledge with VFDs, Generator Controls and their interface to Drilling Equipment controls
- Knowledge with different instrumentation used in Drilling Equipment
- Knowledge of Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis and root cause analysis
- Good technical writing skills
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.