Baytown, Texas, United States
Baytown, Texas, United States
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Baytown, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is responsible for and works with production personnel to meet set objectives for their assigned production lines in the areas of safety, quality, reliability, and scrap. Additionally, this position is responsible for performing, monitoring and evaluating preventative maintenance plans for assigned lines and continually working towards improving equipment and processes.
- Performs mechanical, electrical, electronic, and pneumatic troubleshooting.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Starts devices to test their performance and ensures proper corrective action has been taken.
- Sets up and operates drill press, grinders, and other metal working tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase requisitions for parts and machines.
- Makes adjustments and repairs on machinery in the designated work area.
- Monitors and performs necessary repairs and records all changes.
- Completes preventative maintenance requirements.
- Helps maintain customer requirements according to specifications in bottle weights and various dimensions.
- Performs changeovers with production associates, following changeover schedules.
- Works together with Process Technicians and Team Leaders to resolve technical process problems with color, mold and label changeovers.
- Performs line changeover procedures and ensures correct completion and successful startups.
- Makes suggestions to improve procedures and streamline processes to reduce changeover time.
- Prepares equipment and supplies (molds, trim tooling, etc.) for changeovers, including outfitting molds and repairing tooling.
- Follows correct housekeeping and safety procedures.
- Attends all related training sessions and team meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO standards, including consistent data documentation in PICS/SAP.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Welding and fabricator experience preferred.
- Demonstrates strong teamwork ethic.
- Exhibits a high level of self-motivation and flexibility of job assignments.
- Works overtime as necessary, based on production needs/demands.
- Possesses an appropriate balance of technical and interpersonal communication skills and willingness to extend knowledge through training.
- Reads and interprets documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, blue prints, and schematics correctly.
- Applies concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations effectively.
- Carries out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form correctly, applying good judgment and practical knowledge.
- Effectively deals with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- High school Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Regularly stand/walk up to 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Able to work on aerial platforms up to 20 ft.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical and dental insurance (includes a vision discount program).
- Company paid life insurance and disability.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account.
- Referral bonus program.