Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
* Design, build and deploy web and mobile applications using Mendix or .Net using Visual Studio
* Design, develop and maintain web and mobile applications using Mendix or .Net using Visual Studio
* Collaborate with teams to define, estimate, and deliver solutions based on user requirements
* Optimize new applications for performance
* Evaluate, improve, and optimize existing applications
* Diagnose and solve technical problems related to applications
* Work with business analyst to translate business needs to technical specifications
* Work directly with clients to quickly develop data capture and workflow solutions for business needs
* Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
* Develop and update technical documentation
* Proven experience developing web applications including client-side UI and backend web API
* In-depth experience with UI design and usability standards for both web and mobile applications
* Knowledge on admin activities like deployments, access and performance analysis
* Mid-level experience generating SQL queries using SQL Assistant or Teradata Studio
* Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative with new platforms and technology
* Experience with Mendix development platform
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
* Have experience in application database design
* Actively participates on projects, working with the Product Owner and Scrum Master to complete product development tasks.
* Collaborates with all teammates on design and development tasks.
* Contributes to the team by analyzing, developing, testing, documenting, and maintaining high quality software solutions as required.
* Responsible for meeting project milestones and for completing user stories in sprints as stated in the definitions of done.
* Follows established standards and guidelines for deliverables.
* Learns, follows, applies, and adapts agile software development techniques, methodologies, and processes.
* Responsible for contributing, receiving, and acting upon constructive feedback for continuous process, product, and self-improvement.
* Provides technical knowledge to enhance overall product performance, usability, aesthetics, and consistent pattern compliance.
* Conducts code reviews and perform component, visual, functional, and automated testing.
* Works with Technical Support to reproduce and resolve customer issues as required.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
* Intermediate level, typically 3-5 years of experience.
* Moving towards full competency.
* Requires a broader, general understanding of discipline.
* Identifies problems and develops potential solutions.
* Makes decisions within well defined parameters.
Will accept 2 years experience vs the 3-5 years of experience stated depending on rate.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.
Fircroft is a leading provider of technical recruitment solutions to a number of specialist industries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. Our key sectors include:
Oil & Gas, Petrochemical & Process, Automotive & Aerospace, Nuclear & Power, Mining & Minerals and General Engineering.
Many of Fircroft’s recruitment professionals have been with the company for over 10 years, enabling us to build long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. We work with some of the world’s largest companies providing solutions for both contract and permanent recruitment.