Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Under general supervision, applies knowledge of Halliburton's Cased Hole Wireline technologies to independently provide a comprehensive set of basic and complex services and tool operation to customers at the well site.
- Applies engineering, mechanical and geological principles to articulate more complex data interpretations and downhole mechanical constructs to clients from proprietary software and coaches clients through more routine drilling and completion scenarios independently.
- Continues to learn how to interpret data outcomes with more complexity through mentorship from wireline field leadership.
- Integrates understanding of the wireline business, operational procedures and to a lesser degree the collaboration of other service lines into guidance provided to customers.
- Provides guidance to junior wireline field professionals on delivering less complex services and tool operations to customers.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Science or other technical discipline is preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Minimum of 2.5 year of experience in Cased Hole Wireline field operations required.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Innovative work-environment in a global company
- Competitive salaries and pension schemes
- Career opportunities both domestically and globally
- Highly skilled colleagues in an international environment
- Focus on technology and further development
- Outstanding insurance coverage including private health coverage
- Occupational health service
- Beneficial employee stock-purchase plan
Howemoss Crescent, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 0GN, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 66802
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.