Skills: Safety Engineering
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client has a staff vacancy in the HES department for a Technical Safety Engineer. The position will report to the Technical Safety Supervisor and will be based onshore in Aberdeen with a requirement to travel offshore on a regular basis.
- To support operations with hazard identification, risk assessment, and technical safety advice.
- To complete incident investigations offshore
- To deliver safety studies internally and via contractors, including with offshore visits.
- To support emergency response and be on-call.
- To represent the company externally and seek / bring back technical safety best practice, new technology etc.
- To support continuous improvement of operations and technical safety.
- Educated to a minimum of degree level in a science or engineering subject
- Extensive knowledge and experience in a major hazard organisation, including having worked in a technical safety engineer role or safety professional role previously.
- Must have experience of incident investigations.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Travel to offshore platforms for visits and interface will be a requirement of the role.