Skills: Oil Terminal / Storage Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Arcadia, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Terminal Operator located in Arcadia, LA through April 16, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 400926
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Strong commitment to safety, environmental and legal compliance, product integrity, and our Operational Excellence process.
- Safe receipt, storage, handling and distribution of petroleum products.
- Transfer products between tanks. Drains water from tank bottoms. Performs daily inspections of terminal tanks, piping and equipment.
- Performs daily/ weekly/monthly stock reconciliation.
- Perform minor maintenance and mechanical repairs according to the preventive maintenance schedule.
- Perform all sampling and testing of products.
- Willing to train and certify all jobbers and commercial carrier drivers in safe loading and loss prevention system.
- Ensure terminal automation system and other critical equipment function correctly.
- Ability to perform and learn in a fast pace work environment and handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Performs customer service activities; answering phones, carding drivers, addressing driver concerns.
- Assures compliance with all operating procedures, Safe Work Practices, and contractor management
- Holds drivers accountable for safe loading operations
- This is a Safety Sensitive position
- This is an Internal / External position
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years any type of work experience. Military counts as work experience.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work rotating shifts, on-call shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Ability to work outside in hot or cold environments.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Not allergic to additives, diesel fuels, or lubricating oils and gasoline products.
- Participates in random drug testing program.
- This position requires climbing on top of product storage tanks that are 50 feet tall, and lifting 50 - 75 pounds.
- Able to use and understand computers - familiar with the use of MS Word, Excel, and e-mail.
- Able to analyze and survey data to draw valid conclusions, identify root causes and solve problems.
- Good mathematics and reasoning skills is a necessity
- Experience working in an Industrial Plant setting
- Background in Electrical / Instrumentation preferred but not required.
- Pipeline receipt experience preferred but not required.
- Mechanical experience preferred but not required.
- Military work experience
- Capable of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers
- Clear and effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to take initiative and perform in both field and computer-based work.
- Maintains a positive attitude and always strives to develop a positive work environment
- Demonstrating tact, initiative, and self-motivation.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Shreveport
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.