Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for Procurement Specialist positions located in Makati, Philippines through 17 April 2019.
As a Procurement Specialist, you will be asked to complete a variety of procurement operations tasks and work on projects simultaneously. The position provides various supply chain operational support for Chevron companies in North America, Asia, Australia, Middle East, Africa and Europe and in all streams. The Procurement Specialist will have opportunities to interact with business unit customers and SCM managers, suppliers, warehouse personnel, freight forwarders, and other functional groups like Finance and IT.
Position Details: Assignments and duties are driven by organizational and business needs. Assignments could be in any of the following areas:
- CONTRACTING - The Procurement Specialist - Contracting provides contract finalization and implementation support for one-time contracts, new contracts, contract renewal or amendment. The Contracting Specialist also manages and implements the pre/re-qualification process to ensure all suppliers will satisfy Chevron's corporate standards based on five risks: Compliance, Financial, Health, Safety and Environment, Information Protection, and Capability.
- e-PROCUREMENT - The Procurement Specialist - eProcurement creates and maintains user profiles, approves user profile requests, including role additions/changes and approval authority levels in accordance with established controls. The eProcurement Specialist also performs SOX user access review and other ad hoc customer-initiated requests for profile reviews. The specialist also trains and assists suppliers in accessing and using supply chain systems. This role also performs e-Sourcing support to relevant stakeholders.
- ORDER MANAGEMENT - The Procurement Specialist - Order Management monitors the delivery status of open PO line items. The Order Management Specialist conducts follow-up expediting by providing a weekly summary of estimate delivery dates, resolves issues concerning late deliveries, and applies trace and escalation procedures for overdue purchase orders.
- BUYING - The Procurement Specialist - Buying reviews material/service requisitions submitted by the business unit, generates a list of purchase order/service order requisitions and performs verification against applicable supporting documents to meet the terms and conditions of the contract.
- MATERIAL MASTER DATA - The Procurement Specialist - Material Master Data performs material master maintenance work and creates/manages material master records. The specialist interacts with business unit (BU) customers, SCM managers, suppliers, warehouse personnel, freight forwarders, and other functional groups (e.g., Finance, IT) by responding to procurement and technical queries related to material master data use.
- INVOICING - The Procurement Specialist - Invoicing prioritizes invoices based on invoice support and verification guidelines. The Invoicing Specialist ensures that all invoices are processed in compliance with the Chevron policies and procedures (e.g., Delegation of Authority process, SOX and internal controls, catalog compliance, P2P payment channel thresholds, verification of goods receipt, etc.). The specialist also inputs, verifies, and/or obtains the correct cost object and transaction details to ensure accurate accounting and recording.
- Bachelor's/College Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Accountancy, or any business course
- Demonstrate excellent planning, business, analytical, and communication skills
- Must have relevant experience in Buying/Buyer Process / Procurement / Supply Chain function
- Must be open to learning and exploring a variety of Procurement/Supply Chain business areas
- Must be open to go on shifting schedules (Morning - Mid - Night)
- Diploma/Certificate in Procurement/Supply Chain Management would be an advantage
- Knowledge in Procurement process, Contracting, e-Sourcing, contract administration, and eProcurement would be an advantage
- Knowledge in ERP tools such as SAP/JDE/Ariba/Smart GEP would be an advantage
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.