Skills: IT - SAP / ERP, Purchasing
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Procurement Advisor / Category Management - ERP located in Houston, TX Texas/United States through April 23, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 400767
The Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSCM) function collaborates within Chevron and across its companies to steward third-party spend. Our goal is to consistently deliver goods and services to Chevron safely, reliably, and at a competitive cost. Within PSCM, three key disciplines assure the efficient and effective stewardship of third party spend: Category Management, Contracting, and Procurement Operations. The The Procurement and Supply Chain Management function collaborates within Chevron and across the companies we work with to manage the supply and demand chain. Our goal is to consistently deliver goods and services to Chevron safely, reliably, and at a competitive cost.The Procurement and Supply Chain Management function collaborates within Chevron and across the companies we work with to manage the supply and demand chain. Our goal is to consistently deliver goods and services to Chevron safely, reliably, and at a competitive cost. Category Management (CM) Advisor will support transformational CM activities that progress the CM discipline. The role will identify opportunities for greater collaboration and consistency in carrying out both strategic and tactical activities while also providing guidance/sharing/toolkits to BUs and/or categories as required. This role is part of the CM Support team accountable for the processes, procedures, tools, and overall CM health within Chevron. The role will work across four CM segments that drive the shaping plan: Foundational, Supply, Commercial, and Supplier Performance. In summary, the role will lead and/or support the execution of discipline initiatives and provide guidance and recommendations to the CM Leadership Team as appropriate to progress shaping plan initiatives.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- The candidate will utilize practical CM and project management skills in supporting the CM Support Manager to strengthen CM, as defined by the CM shaping plan.
- The role will focus on the direct support of CM Foundational discipline fundamentals as well as Supply, Commercial, and Supplier Performance assurance sub-projects as required.
- The candidate will be required to regularly interact with members of the Procurement/Supply Chain Management and CM Leadership Team.
- The candidate must be capable of handling a diverse workload and multiple tasks with accuracy under minimal supervision. The Procurement and Supply Chain Management function collaborates within Chevron and across the companies we work with to manage the supply and demand chain. Our goal is to consistently deliver goods and services to Chevron safely, reliably, and at a competitive cost.The Procurement and Supply Chain Management function collaborates within Chevron and across the companies we work with to manage the supply and demand chain. Our goal is to consistently deliver goods and services to Chevron safely, reliably, and at a competitive cost.
- The candidate must be able to interact, influence, and build trust proven through experience and their ability to collate information and data into meaningful solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field
- 5-7 years of category management experience
- CM and Contracting: Knowledgeable and experienced in demand planning to sourcing to managing supplier performance. Able to demonstrate successful category management applications across a variety of product service lines and business unit environments of varying complexity. Has worked with ERP systems and data platforms to gain strategic insights into future business needs / considerations.
- Business and Commercial Acumen: Strong understanding of Chevron's core business with the ability to translate category management fundamentals into meaningful business solutions with fit for purpose commercial outcomes. Adept at developing robust commercial models and outcomes using qualitative and quantitative data. Has a high level of emotional intelligence and situational awareness that can positively impact commercial outcomes or CM specific strategies. Able to understand business unit and process impact on source to pay related processes, procedures, and tools.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate a cross-functional team in strategy development, project planning and execution. Demonstrated ability to work in a team, build consensus and resolve issues. Proactive communicator who establishes good customer networks and stakeholder relationships. Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes both internally and externally.
- Change Agent: Demonstrated ability to lead, refocus and shift the organization to make a step change in business engagement and commercial results. Ability to identify opportunities, build business case to bring step change in mindset to support cost management efforts, holds team accountable, and challenges the paradigm to bring a step change to team performance. Leverages the use of project management skills to accomplish goals and create solutions that can be readily used, in a fit for purpose manner, by the business it supports.
- Preferred MBA in Procurement / Supply Chain Management, or equivalent
- Proven CM experience in a decentralized operating business
- Knowledge of oil and gas operations with experience in various work streams: upstream, downstream and midstream.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.