Skills: Process Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Process Engineer located in Midland, TX Texas through April 23, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides technical support for gas processing facilities and other field related production facilities such as troubleshooting and finding optimization/reliability opportunities in production operations.
- Knowledge and experience required in management of change (MOC), Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR), Process Safety Information (PSI), Process Safety management (PSM) and bypassing critical Instrument work.
- Will focus on operations support, facilities optimization and reliability to align the facilities with the current production needs.
- Works closely with operations, maintenance and facility engineering to identify additional opportunities to improve operations by increasing runtime, reducing chemical and energy consumption, upgrading process control systems, leveraging: Strong operational knowledge including oil, water, gas separation, gas gathering and compression, gas dehydration & treating, compression, NGL recovery, storage, and measurement, condensate stabilization, vapor recovery, process instrumentation, process simulation and optimization using Aspen Hysys and ProMax.
- Provides engineering input on PHAs as part of Process Safety Management and provides input for business planning for respective assets. Typical projects that may be identified: compressor installations, gas, oil and water handling and treating facilities optimization, equipment upgrades / replacements. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who seeks out opportunities to partner with operations and other engineers to drive process improvement.
- A Chemical Egineering OR Mechanical Engineering degree with experience in process engineering is required.
- 5yrs Process Engineering - Upstream, Midstream or Downstream
- Chemical Engineering degree
- Gas dehydration/sweetening and Gas compression
- Flare and Relief system evaluation and design
- Process Safety information
- Knowledge of applicable ASME / API codes
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Midland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.