Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Empire, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Pipeline Mechanic located in Empire, LA through April 22, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 400827
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Perform routine troubleshooting and preventative maintenance on assigned pipeline system equipment and facilities including tank mixers, shaft alignment on rotating equipment, perform monthly vibration check's and load data into the conditioning monitoring software.
- Perform, or direct the performance of a variety of skilled mechanical work including installing, disassembling, assembling, inspecting, repairing, and occasionally fabricating parts for pipeline system equipment and facilities.
- Know Company, industry, agency and Government codes, practices, regulations and standards and obtain all necessary licenses and certificates pertaining to work performed.
- Use drawings, blueprints, manuals and other technical references and perform arithmetic computations in the performance of daily work.
- Use the basic technical principles to determine the cause of pipeline system equipment problems and make the required repairs or arrange for additional diagnostic and/or repair support.
- Develop and perform routine maintenance checks document in SAP-PM, work performed to ensure reliability and compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Ability to navigate the CMMS database to update and complete SAP-PM work orders.
- Work with Planner Scheduler to schedule and prioritize work.
- Perform routine troubleshooting and preventative maintenance on valves, and testing pressure relief valves for DOT compliance.
- Develop Isolation of Hazardous Equipment (IHE) procedures.
- Respond to call outs on mechanical equipment in a timely manner because this is 24/7 operations.
Other Responsibilities as Assigned by Management:
- Assist in the training and coaching of other team members in routine maintenance skills associated with assigned pipeline system(s)
- Perform compliance inspections and participate in agency inspections.
- Follow the MSW process as directed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid Driver's License
- Must gain certification in all process required to work at our various locations including but not limited to: TWIC, and site-specific certifications (all necessary trainings will be provided as needed to accomplish reaching these certifications/successful trainings).
- Must be able to work within Empire Terminal areas of responsibilities including, Pascagoula refinery, and various valve sites, scrapper stations, and work on all equipment associated with these Team locations.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: New Orleans
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.