Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Pasadena Refinery Communications Advisorlocated in Pasadena, Texas through 04/17/2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The purpose of this position is to support the Corporate Affairs Manager and the Refinery General Manager in the development, implementation and ongoing assessment of internal communications and cultural integration at the Pasadena Refinery. Other responsibilities include supporting the Refinery Leadership Team in its communications and meeting facilitations needs, managing employee engagement and developing and overseeing crisis communication and emergency response plans.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Develops and executes communications plans targeted to the relevant audience (e.g. workforce, management). Is well-organized, pays attention to detail and produces high-quality output with minimal errors.
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders and insures alignment with corporate standards and messaging.
- Supports the planning, implementation and assessment of a business's transformation to a new organizational culture.
- Provides sound communication counsel and incorporates relational skills and approaches (e.g. emotional intelligence) throughout the cultural integration process (e.g. content, format, pace).
- Provides internal communications support to the refinery general manager, including developing communications plans and content (town hall presentations, talking points, event invitations, activity on workplace, etc.), providing execution support, coaching and counseling.
- Provides similar communications support to the refinery leadership team, as directed.
- Oversees creation, development and implementation of content via local social channels and websites.
- Supports the communications of local and enterprise initiatives and campaigns and oversees crisis communications.
- Bachelor Degree in Communications or related field of study
- 5+ years of relevant experience as outlined below
- Demonstrated skills in strategic communications planning and the ability to develop communications plans, lead multi-faceted/complex communications initiatives simultaneously and oversee tactical implementation.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and experience developing a wide variety of communications content.
- Understands the role that digital and social media play in local and enterprise communications and online stakeholder engagement.
- Experience / understanding in organizational change and change management initiatives as it relates to communications.
- Experience developing effective digital content and online engagement strategies to address a variety of business challenges and projects.
- Familiar with the tools and platforms for digital publishing and content performance measurement.
Previous experience in a manufacturing or refining plant environment
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.