Skills: Process Technician, Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Richmond, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Operator Trainee located in Richmond, CA through April 19, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 400702
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Operation of process units utilizing a wide range of control systems and equipment that includes tanks, mixers, heat exchangers, pumps, furnaces and vacuum systems
- Operation of manual and automatic valves, meters, pumps and transfer systems that move product between tanks and process units
- Comprehensive understanding of refinery policies and procedures
- Housekeeping to maintain a clean work environment and clean equipment such as filters, tanks, exchangers and other equipment
- This position requires driving on a routine basis.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of two years' work experience
- Valid Driver's License. Job necessitates driving on a routine basis
- Must be able to work a rotating 12-hour shift, overtime as required and on-call
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including; full-body coveralls, protective footwear, hard-hats, hearing protection, eye protection, full-face respirators and/or self-contained breathing apparatus
- This is a Safety Sensitive Position. Candidates must demonstrate personal commitment to Incident and Injury Free Operations with a proven track record in Safety and Reliability
- Must obtain a TWIC card within 6 months of employment
- Must be able to work at heights with appropiate fall protection, climb, crawl, and work in confined spaces
- Must pass online pre-employment testing process*
- 2 years' work experience in refinery or petrochemical industry
- Associate's/Technical Degree from a Process Technology Program
- Regional Occupational Program (Process Plant Operator or Industrial Maintenance Mechanic) certificate completed within the last 2 years
- Military work experience
If selected to participate in the Chevron IAB on-line test, you will be required to take the following battery of tests:
Industrial Information Test
Measures the ability to read, understand, and use information in graphs, charts, tables, and written passages to solve problems.
Mechanical Aptitude Assessment
Measures the ability to apply general mechanical principles to understand and solve problem situations.
Workplace Attitude and Behavior Inventory
Measures personal characteristics important to success in the job applied for.
You will be immediately directed to the testing portal upon submittal of your application, at which point you will have 72 hours to complete the on-line assessment. The duration of the assessment is approximately 2 hours. The assessment can also be accessed from your Chevron profile under "Job Management" or via the link sent to your email.
Your assessment score will be valid for 365 days from the day you complete your on-line assessment.
Chevron's tests are focused on industrial aptitudes. However, Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test preparation guides may be helpful in preparation for these tests. Candidates should focus on mechanical aptitude, reading comprehension, understanding information in tables and graphs, and understanding industrial math.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.