Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron North America Exploration and Production is accepting online applications for the position of Mechanic Lead located at Midland, TX through April 24, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Key Job Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Support Health, Environment, and Safety processes by:
- Accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies
- Carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner
- Following safe operating practices as described in the MCABU Safe Practice Manual
- Maintaining a safe working environment
- Partner with other employees, and contractors to ensure that all equipment is operating at peak efficiency:
- Maintains "open-line" of communication with Field Specialists.
- Responsible for all lube/oil inventories and delivery programs
- Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (EAM) for work planning and prioritization to generate and close out all mechanical related work orders for mechanical equipment in the field.
- Perform quality preventative maintenance tasks and corrective repairs on a variety of rotating mechanical equipment
- Use sound troubleshooting skills to identify mechanical problems and return equipment to service in a safe manner
- Improve area reliability by identifying bad actors in the field and assisting reliability engineer in compiling data for root cause analysis.
- This position requires driving on a routine basis
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of two (2) years' work related experience performing mechanical maintenance on rotating equipment used in oil and gas producing operations
- Must be able to work independently will minimal daily oversight and support, most field locations are isolated in remote locations. Extreme heat and weather conditions should be expected.
- Ability and willingness to work various schedules including 12 hour shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Ability to travel (with some overnight travel expected) to various field locations in a large geographical area (roughly 800 square miles)
- Must be able to safely operate vehicle mounted cranes as well as large trolley cranes and be able to obtain all required certifications related to crane use and rigging equipment.
- Ability to successfully complete a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination, as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
- Five (5) years industrial mechanical experience, with emphasis on large compressors and engines.
- Reciprocating Engines and Compressors
- Centrifugal Compressors
- Vapor Recovery Units (VRU) & Air Compressors
- Centrifugal and Reciprocating Pumps
- Familiarity with reliability efforts for a variety of safety, environmental and production related issues
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), CMMS, and an aptitude for learning new software packages
- Experience with vibration analysis and associated equipment.
Relocation benefits will be considered within Chevron's parameters.
Expatriates will not be considered for this position.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Midland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.