Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States
Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States
Skills: Process Control
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Manufacturing-Process Control Engineer (PSG 20-22) 2 positions 1 located inPascagoula, MS Mississippi /United States .
Responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Tuning of control loops, support of Honeywell or Yokogawa distributed control systems (DCS), and
assistance in training console operators.
- Serve as a specialist in designing, implementing, and maintaining multivariable control applications (DMCPlus)
and the applications that support the multivariable control applications (inferred properties, et al).
- Implement and maintain multivariable process control applications that are consistent with short-term and
long-term refinery operating plans.
- Provide daily process control support for console operators.
- Identify and resolve control performance issues by coordinating with colleagues in other areas of specialization
(instrumentation, analyzers, process, mechanical equipment, etc.)
- Identify and capture opportunities for improving the safety, reliability, operability and profitability of the
operating area through process control improvements.
- Train refinery personnel on the effective use of process control applications and systems.
- Act as a mentor/resource for refinery process and control engineers. Influences and improves work processes
for a global refining technical system.
- Demonstrate knowledge of operating area interactions with the rest of the refinery and helps troubleshoot process problems in the operating area and refinery.
- Maintain and grow process control skills by attending onsite and offsite training.
- Knowledge of process control fundamentals, including design, configuration, support and programming of Honeywell and/or Yokogawa distributed control systems (DCS).
- Strong technical/analytical skills, with proven record of innovative problem solving and proactive system improvement.
- Ability to work with others and build relationships across organizations.
- Ability to create and promotes an environment of trust, teamwork and inclusiveness through actions and behaviors.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills. Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of assignments for individual team members and groups, and to set and manage priorities.
Ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge of advanced process control techniques and tools, as well a strong understanding of refinery processess. Candidates should understand and reinforce the importance of the fundamentals (e.g., safety, procedures, routine duties, environmental compliance, incident investigations, etc.).
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, or other related discipline, is preferred.
- Experience working with refinery process control systems may be considered in lieu of formal education and training.
- Strong, fundamental understanding of refinery or hydrocarbon processing and equipment is highly desirable.
- Experience working with facility operations personnel, particularly console operators, is highly desirable.
- Domestic travel of up to 10% may be required.
- Technical Skill - Possesses strong understanding of, and experience with, advanced process control techniques, tools and methods:
- Strong fundamental understanding of refinery or hydrocarbon processing and equipment.
- Experience with Honeywell and/or Yokogawa DCS.
- Experience with control loop tuning, DCS support and training of operators to use the systems.
- Multivariable control applications (DMCPlus), supporting applications (inferrentials, etc.) and knowledge of their impact on refinery operating plans.
- Familiarity with instruments, analyzers, etc. and their use in support of refinery processes.
- General awareness of common network architectures used in PCN environments, including the Purdue Model.
- Demonstrates knowledge of refinery operating areas and relationships.
Communication - Candidates should demonstrate strong verbal, written and presentation skills, as well as an ability to communicate technical information to different audiences (management, non-technical, IT Professionals, Engineers and other Professionals). Candidates should be able to articulate experiences in cultivating partnership and collaboration through communication and demonstrate an ability to set clear expectations and motivate stakeholders.
Teamwork - Demonstrated ability to build team consensus and to work effectively and collaboratively in a multi-discipline, multi-function, and multi-cultural environment.
Protecting People and the Environment - Demonstrate strong understanding of, and focus on, personal and process safety; demonstrated knowledge of stop work authority and its role in ensuring safety of people and processes
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Review federal laws protecting equal rights for applicants and employees (EEO is the Law)
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
For more information about E-Verify please click on a link below.
E-Verify Poster (English) or E-Verify Poster (Spanish)
Nearest Major Market: Hattiesburg
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.