Skills: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Construction
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Singapore, Singapore
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Maintenance & Construction Specialist - Singapore located in Jalan Buroh, Singapore through April 24, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
All interested applicants, please read the Data Privacy Notice before submitting application.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for maintenance activities at service stations and commercial facilities
- Responds to internal and external customer requests for maintenance to company assets and investor assets, as dealer/franchise agreements dictact
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates maintenance providers to ensure facilities remain in optimun condition to support sales efforts
- Monitors and reviews on-site work of service providers to ensure that work meets expectations and quality assurance
- Responsible for the control and documentation of plant, property and equipment inventory for assets in area of responsibility
- Accountable, manage and monitoring for Opex and Capex expenses
- Identifies/implements appropriate actions to provide continuous expense reductions
- Manages and supervises facility improvement, development and image enhancement projects as per business plans
- Ensures that projects are completed within timelines, budget, quality, to meet required design standards and ensure compliance with OEHES standards
- Works with stakeholders to prepare business cases for capital/major expense projects and assisting in development of GO-36's
- Develops implementation plans, schedules and controls for project implementation
- Approves payment for invoices and monitors costs of projects
- Identifies opportunity for continuous improvement of programs/projects
- Ensures that Safe Work Practices are understood and implemented by internal and external maintenance providers, as appropriate
- Provides assistance to disseminate OEHES awareness and ensures compliance of OEHES policy
- Coordinates with Retail/C&I and Asset Optimizing team, as appropriate, on risk assessment, closure, and management change of sites
- Manages site remedy and closure in accordance to OEHES policy
- Develops and executes a contracting plan and supports the management of vendor contracts
- Coordinates with procurement and other stakeholders to obtain competitive terms and conditions for supplies of materials and services
- Monitors and evaluates performance of service providers
- Reviews number of contracts required, selects contractors for primary work assignments, establishing emergency contractor list, and conducts annual contractor reviews (on site and performance based) in conjunction with other stakeholders
- Recommends issuance and cancellation of contracts as appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience
- Strong drive for performance and results
- Good understanding of OEHES standards and practices
- Project managment skills to manage multiple projects
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidate will work in the Singapore under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.