Skills: Commercial Management, LNG
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of LNG Commercial Analyst located in London, Greater London/United Kingdom through Friday 26th April 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Working within a global team, the LNG Commercial Analyst sits alongside the Traders and identifies, analyses, supports and recommends trading opportunities and deal structures in support of both physical and financial trading positions. Opportunity can lead to commercial responsibility, so candidate is expected to develop trading and negotiation skills, including contract review and writing. This position plays an integral role to business profitability and growth. Chevron has a significant global LNG equity portfolio
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains analytic models for the business [e.g. arbitrage, supply/demand, economic, competitor, market & project evaluation]
- Tracks market trends and highlights strengths/weaknesses/opportunities & threats
- Supports the Traders in developing forward market price views for trading and optimisation purposes, making recommendations based on fundamental and technical analysis
- Prepares business presentations
- Provides analytical support to cross functional teams
- Assists developing business plans & monthly results reviews
- Support Traders with systems and Stakeholder reviews/interfaces (e.g. - Legal/Tax/Credit/Finance/Operations/Risk Control & Compliance)
- Ad-hoc analytical work required by management
- Minimum requirement is Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) level in Mathematics, the Sciences, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Business, and/or related field of study
- Commercially oriented person with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability in leveraging technology (excellent Excel skills, programming - i.e. Python & PowerPoint skills) to develop models, suggest trading strategies and quantify risks to support such strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence at all levels
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic commercial team environment, including managing multiple tasks, adhering to regular deadlines and able to adjust priorities throughout the day
- Demonstrated excellent team working and interpersonal skills; strong interest to work across cultures and time zones
- Proven commercial acumen & ability to take the initiative
- Desire to grow into a recognized expert
- Persistent with a natural curiosity about fundamental and technical details
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.