Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: El Segundo, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Laboratory Chemist located in El Segundo, CA California / United States through April 26,2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Laboratory Chemist provides chemistry information, analytical methods, instrument troubleshooting and repair, consulting to the refinery, and performs specialized sample testing services for process stream monitoring and optimization, product certification, environmental compliance, and special projects.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- ? Performs specialized sample testing services for process stream monitoring and optimization, product certification, environmental compliance, and special projects.
- ? Conducts training, consulting, maintenance and troubleshooting on test methods and instrumentation.
- ? Develops and implements testing methods, including selection and purchase of new equipment/instrumentation, training, quality control/assurance, documentation, maintenance & troubleshooting, and continuous improvement.
- ? Consults on the use of test methods and their application. Works with Technical, Operations, Maintenance, and Corp. research divisions to: (1) select appropriate testing methods/instrumentation and (2) design approaches to obtain desired information.
- ? Provides consulting on process chemistry to aid in plant optimization and troubleshooting.
- ? Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, fulfilling an ACS certified program, minimum 2.5 / 4 GPA.
- ? Demonstrated strong mechanical skills and ability to use tools to maintain instrumentation.
- ? Demonstrated ability to communicate chemistry/technical information to audiences of varying technical background.
- ? Demonstrated excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- ? Demonstrated teamwork, communication, planning/organizing, leadership skills, and strong commitment to safety.
- ? Demonstrated laboratory work experience.
- ? Knowledge of refinery test methods (e.g. ASTM methods for: GC, AA, IC, XRF, elemental analysis, and wet chemistry).
- ? Demonstrated commitment to and use of quality control/quality assurance principles and tools.
- ? Demonstrated ability to consult on analytical instrumentation and test methods, including method development and equipment/instrumentation repair and purchase.
- ? Knowledge and understanding of refinery processes.
- ? Knowledge of process analyzers.
- ? Experience with chemometric modeling and analysis.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.