Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
hevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Thailand Exploration and Production, Ltd is accepting online applications for the position of IE Technician level T1 located in Bangkok, Thailand through April 29, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Apply the provisions and standards of the relevant electrical codes of practice, e.g. N.E.C (National Electrical Code of U.S.A.), I.E.E. (Institute of the Electrical Engineers U.K.) and Chevron General Standards in the tasks at all times, including current work permit systems.
- Conduct function-check, calibration/adjusting, troubleshooting, overhaul, installation & removal and repair all types of process indicating the measuring, recording and controlling equipment, pressure relief valves, safety monitoring and emergency shutdown systems, and wellhead control systems.
- Assist Supervisor to plan, prepare and implement work schedules, also assist with the monitoring stock inventory control and ordering of spare parts.
- Perform maintenance of adequate stocks of spares/tools and provision of correct storage.
- Diploma Technical Degree in Instrumentation/ Electrical or relevant field.
- 6+ years' offshore Oil and Gas maintenance or relevant working experience with a focus on hands on maintenance and reliability improvement work.
- Understanding of critical components facilities equipment related to instrumentation and electrical, able to troubleshooting, diagnose and repair of moderate to high complex tasks.
- Proven maintenance experience and expertise which could impact facility on line time , LPO reduction , equipment reliability improvement and financial impact from related maintenance management.
- Fluent in spare part review, stock inventory review, Work Order management and maintenance cost analysis.
- Has strong background in Maintenance Processes, RCA, and SERIP.
- Fully understands the relationship structure within clients organization and effectively optimizes tem with day-to-day decisions.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.