Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Human Resources Assistant located in Pascagoula , MS Mississippi / United States through April 26, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 400869
This position reports to the Administrative Team Leader. This position provides confidential administrative support to the Human Resources & Administrative Services Department with a high level of independence, initiative, discretion, accuracy and attention to detail.
The successful candidate must be an individual, who is flexible, self-motivated, learns quickly, anticipates needs, organized and has demonstrated the ability to multitask. Strong professional written and oral communications skills are required. The individual must have an ability to maintain confidentiality and handle multiple tasks while producing high-quality output with a high degree of competency. Candidates must be adaptable and flexible in an often-fast paced environment. This position must represent the Human Resources Department and the Refinery with a high degree of professionalism.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Analytical support for HR Leadership Team for project-based work
- Reporting where formulas, pivot tables, special formatting, charts/graphs are utilized (Manpower, Headcount, etc.)
- Gathers and manages data as required to support budget monitoring, metrics and reports.
- Using self-guided initiative and working independently to provide a full range of administrative and clerical services for the Pascagoula Refinery.
- Job requires a high degree of tact, discretion, and soft skills
- Anticipates customer's needs and provides elevated level of customer service
- Acts as a resource for others, providing instructions on administrative functions and responding to routine request/inquiries on existing procedures.
- Process personnel change requests and reorg's in Manager's Services of behalf of supervisors/managers.
- Manages employee, organizational unit, and department changes in the Chevron Time Management (CTM ) tool as a CTM Manager, also known as EmpCenter
- Provides back up support for other CTM Managers for training, IT support and troubleshooting, communication, and reporting
- Coordinate On-The-Job Training program with the WIN Job Center.
- Data Privacy Coordinator
- Maintain websites - HR and Team Leader Toolkit.
- Maintain legally required postings across the facility.
- Update, Post & Maintain Pascagoula Employee Policies, local forms, and checklists
- Provide Manager's Services training to new supervisors and managers.
- Assists in major HR processes for the Refinery by managing sensitive & confidential information
- Composes routine correspondence, with little supervision. Edits client's work to improve clarity and comply with proper grammar, punctuation, standards and format.
- Handles special projects as needed and provides relief assistance to others.
- Utilizes Corporate Identity Standards. Independently follows well-defined procedures on routine activities.
- New hire processing including ADP enrollment and processing I-9's
- HR Emergency Management representative for the Refinery
- Presents training to New Team Leaders on numerous general personnel duties
- Assists in supporting hourly hiring preparation
- Event coordination for HR events (i.e. Chevron Scholorship Luncheon, etc.)
- First line of communication for general HR questions from external parties (i.e. census requests, external communications, etc.)
- Ariba invoice and purchasing card reconciliation
- Maintain data for employees and retirees in various databases (discipline log, annuitant database, SAP, personnel files)
- Coordinator for retiree offboarding and recognition (memory books, frame prints, etc.)
- Liaison with Corporate Benefits and Compliance for general inquiries and escalated issues
- Associate's Degree in Business, HR, or related field
- At least 4 years of administrative experience
- Strong Excel, Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, Word Skills
- SAP or Workday experience
- EmpCenter experience
- Adobe Acrobat Standard
- Requires self-motivated individual with excellent communication and customer focus skills.
- Requires completion of work assignments where directions are given from a brief outline or general oral instructions.
- In-depth level of knowledge in use of Microsoft Office software to develop spreadsheets, presentations, mail merges, and other correspondence.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, can balance several projects at once while maintaining quality of work and meeting deadlines.
- In depth understanding of business etiquette practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, HR, or related field
- CTM Manager or complex information management system experience
- SharePoint experience
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- SiteFinity experience
- ARIBA (eProcurement) experience
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Hattiesburg
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.