Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of HPC Emerging Technology Analyst located in Houston, TX Texas / United States.
This position will be accountable for strategic research, technology development and business engagement to deliver High Performance Computing solutions that differentiate Chevron's performance. The successful candidate is expected to manage projects and small programs and personally apply and grow technical skills in the Advanced Computing space. They will participate on a team that works closely with HPC operations groups as well as developers and users in various functional groups (E.g. Geophysics, Geology, Reservoir Simulation). The candidate will also work with the IT R&D Portfolio Manager to establish and maintain a program of strategic research and technology development projects. Results will be generated by working closely with domain experts in the businesses. The candidate should have a strong desire to identify suitable advanced computing techniques and technologies and apply them to relevant application areas within Chevron.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Leading emerging technology alignment with architecture, asset plans and portfolio planning cycles.
- Application of HPC technologies and methodologies to R&D projects in various functions, including the development of new HPC applications and codes.
- Piloting emerging technologies in partnership with stakeholders to execute Chevron's IT technology strategies.
- Maturing emerging technologies to a specific level of maturity, generating organizational awareness and longer-term ownership in asset teams.
- Identification of internal & external influences from business and technology which have mid-to-long term impact on Technology Management at Chevron.
- Influencing the development of technical competencies as aligned with emerging information technologies.
- Execute effective management of technology partnerships with vendors, academia, national labs, and government agencies in areas of functional responsibility.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Geophysics or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience in developing, analyzing, profiling, and improving scalability of scientific HPC algorithms.
- Practical experience in the application of parallel programming paradigms (MPI, OpenMP, SIMD/Vectorization) to scientific computing problems.
- Strong programming skills with experience in C/C++ and other relevant languages with focus on scientific programming.
- Experience in the development and deployment of large scale scientific computing applications and workflows .
- Knowledge of HPC system infrastructure (compute, network, storage, software infrastructure).
- Robust background in numerical techniques (numerical partial differential equations, mathematical optimization, etc.).
- User and developer-level experience in utilizing HPC/Cluster compute environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Some travel will be required.
- Experience with hardware accelerators (GPU, Xeon Phi, etc.).
- System-administration level experience with Linux OS, particularly in HPC/Cluster environments.
- Background knowledge of at least one relevant business domain (Geophysics, Geology, Reservoir engineering, Facilities Engineering).
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.