Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Software Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Jingan Qu, Shanghai Shi, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. In Downstream China, our business focus on lubricants and additives.
With leading experience in product innovation, client value for more than one century, Chevron lubricants provide products and services under Chevron, Texaco, Caltex brand for over 100 countries globally.
Chevron Oronite, a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, is a world-scale developer, manufacturer and marketer of lubricant and fuel additives and chemicals. Our product are designed to help enhance the performance and extend the life of many types of transportation and industrial equipment. The success of our global organization is driven by our 2,000 employees working in research and development, manufacturing, supply chain, and sales and marketing across 14 countries.
We believe that talents, partnerships and performance are the keys to making us a major international energy company. Chevron provides a dynamic working environment which allows our employees to perform their best.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Greater China IT/Digital Transformation Manager located in Shanghai Jingan Office , Shanghai /China ,
- Lead the IT direction of GC BU in accordance with the marketing-driven organization's growth target and strategy.
- Develop and lead the execution of GC digital roadmap and drive the technology to support business goals in close collaboration with teams across the organization and with the central team
- Partner with GC Digital Champion to prioritize digital investments
- Identify and advise the GC leadership team on local emerging technology trends and opportunities, and evaluate how these technologies could be leveraged to grow the business
- Lead the IT infrastructure in Tianjin Lubricants Plant, Beijing and Shanghai offices, and other remote locations in China
- Lead the Supply Chain digitization efforts at China Lubricants Plant
Manage development and implementation of digital technology for all Greater China
- Partner with regional/global IT and Technology teams in Chevron to adapt, source and deploy available digital technologies
- Manage vendors, external resources, contractors to develop and customize B2C and B2B solutions
- Manage on-going support and enhancements
- Manage and maintain the current suite of digital and corporate applications and guarantee adherence to corporate compliance and industry standard KPIs
- Manage technology budgets, project timelines and deliverables for all GC IT investments
- Manage the IRM and Cybersecurity risks on all Greater China IT applications, including Process Control Network (PCN) at the plant
Manage data as an asset that could be leveraged for consumer insights
- Build data analytics capability for Greater China
- Ensure compliance on information protection and data privacy, accordingly to Chinese local policies
- Connect and partner with Global IT Analytics on
- Partner with GC Digital Champion to prioritize analytics use cases
- Identify opportunities for digital innovation, evaluate how emerging technologies would fulfill the needs of GC; work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to sieve out potential opportunities for business digitalization; study key trends and best practices in the industry to establish and manage digital knowledge across the organization
- Lead pilot or any assigned projects on online/offline technologies leading to a larger rollout of digital transformation strategy: design initial rollout plan and manage changes regarding people, process and systems
- Organize and facilitate the GC Innovation Council meetings (monthly).
Manage 4 direct reports employees
- Set expectations and PMP agreements
- Provide performance feedback
- Build career development plan and follow plan execution
- Number of contractors to manage will vary accordingly to projects to be executed.
Any other tasks assigned by supervisor
- At least 10+ years' experience in management consulting, IT architecture and applications, digital strategy and business ecosystems. Sound understanding of cloud computing, software development and IoT applications. Deep interest in latest technologies and have the ability to quickly understand new technology concepts and innovations.
- Strong business acumen with sound understanding of the industry landscape (customers, trends and challenges in the industry). Understanding of Chevron (how we operate & go to market) is preferred.
- Strong collaborative and influening skills to network and manage internal stakeholders and partners effectively. Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work independently and effectively both cross-function & cross-site. Proven ability to work effectively with third party delivery partners ensuring maximum value.
- Strong logical thinking skills and planning capability
- Strong leadership and communication skills with business acumen in dynamic team environment
- Result-oriented, team player who is entrepreneurial and innovative
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gendier identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.