Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Finance/Accounting Analyst located in San Ramon, CA California/United States through April 17, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 400848
As a Finance/Accounting Analyst, you will have the opportunity to provide a full range of finance, accounting and analytical services to Chevron's many business units. Chevron utilizes various tools and systems to conduct accounting and finance activities including SAP, Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint. The company also emphasizes continuous learning and development and wants you to be successful. Career development is one of the ways Chevron invests in your professional growth! The company rewards strong performance by providing accounting and finance professionals with advancement opportunities. Positions are located in Chevron's headquarters in San Ramon and Richmond, California.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Apply accounting principles and policies to properly record, maintain, and report financial data associated with operational activities
- Responsible for analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and operating results
- Prepares timely and accurate profit, cash flow, C&E, and operating performance commentary
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual performance reporting for management teams
- Reviews, validates, and assists in preparing financial forecast/business plan, strategic update, and mid-year update
- Provides guidance and analytical support within the business on accounting, finance, or reporting issues
- Use various systems/technologies to enhance data analytics and reporting
- Coordinates and participates in special projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with a minimum of 12 units of accounting.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Finance / Accounting or related field
- Ability to apply accounting policies and principles to properly record, report and maintain financial data associated with operational activities. Practicing knowledge of Accounting policies/procedures (including US GAAP, general accounting, revenue recovery, inventory accounting, property accounting, fixed assets, tax accounting, and affiliate accounting).
- Demonstrated experience with accounting software - SAP, Microsoft Office 365, including intermediate and advanced Excel - demonstrated abilities in manipulating data with Excel and emerging technologies. Demonstrates aptitude to quickly learn new tools & system functionality.
- Ability to analyze financial information, select and gather data, and recommend or determine a course of action. Ability to analyze data and provide insightful analysis that illustrates key cause and effect, business and value drivers. Ability to relate financial results to operational events and applicable business models.
- Strong commitment to maintaining collaborative working relationships with internal partners and external customers. Works collaboratively with other functional groups as well as within the Finance function. Works cooperatively in a team environment in implementing business objectives and in building commitment to achieve results.
- Ability to handle multiple job responsibilities, set priorities, maintain a high level of accomplishment, and implement process improvements. Ability to handle and/or lead projects and influence others to achieve objectives. Ability to monitor progress and take corrective action if needed to ensure successful and timely delivery or objectives.
- Ability to listen carefully and to use clear, concise oral and written skills to convey facts, present positions and interpret policies. Ability to effectively interact with colleagues and management, providing clear, logical recommendations in a concise manner, to either internal or external stakeholders. Must be able to maintain/develop effective relationships with peers, other departments and functions. Ability to explain complex topics to various audiences at the appropriate level.
- Corporate Accounting, Corporate Finance, or Public Accounting experience.
- Experience with internal controls practices and compliance topics such as Sarbanes-Oxley testing.
- Experience in leveraging emerging technologies to enhance business processes.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.