Skills: Document Control, Energy / Commodity Trading, Legal
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Federal Government Affairs Project Coordinator located in Washington, D.C. through April 19, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Federal Project Coordinator provides both analytical support and administrative assistance to the Federal Government Affairs (FGA) team. Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to; coordination of executive visits (including drafting & editing select meeting materials and briefing memorandum); management of internal tracking processes; assistance with compliance requests; workflow and administrative support to the FGA Manager and select representatives; support and management of logistics for internal & external events. The project coordinator position is integral in fostering group cohesion, streamlining processes and communication, and tracking federal advocacy in support of Chevron's business strategies
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide both analytical support and administrative assistance to the Federal Government Affairs (FGA) team.
- Research, compile and edit information for reports and make recommendations. Prepare drafts from notes.
- Prepare presentations and draft both internal & external correspondence.
- Coordinate executive visits & develop the Briefing Book (including drafting of select meeting materials and briefing memorandums).
- Event/meeting planning coordination including; scheduling, organizing meeting logistics, disseminating meeting minutes, and preparing agendas.
- Manage internal stakeholder engagement tracking processes.
- Track and prepare reports on the Congressional schedule (e.g. hearings, votes, & movement of key legislation)
- Enter data into various Chevron Databases for reporting protocols and archiving.
- Research and recommend changes to existing systems and procedures.
- Assist with compliance requests.
- Provide workflow and administrative support to the FGA Manager and select representatives.
- Coordinate travel plans and meeting activities.
- Coordinate conference calls/video teleconferences.
- Provide support and management of logistics for executive/stakeholder engagements in both internal & external events.
- Order & organize supplies for team members and compile receipts for various charges.
- Set up and maintain distribution lists.
- Independently complete projects by gathering, organizing and summarizing information and preparing documents from general instructions.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure projects meet business criteria; stay on track and on budget; and monitor and measure performance.
- Work closely with the Government Affairs team to develop, implement, and oversee strategic projects that directly support the objectives of Corporate Affairs business.
- Provide critical support in the planning & execution of major external events that involve key stakeholders & senior executives.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the team's strategies, tactics, projects under development, and event planning.
- Assist other Operations and FGA team members as necessary.
- The position is integral in fostering group cohesion, streamlining processes and communication, and managing U.S. advocacy in Washington DC, in support of Chevron's business strategies
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 2-5 years in a coordinator role, including project management, stakeholder engagement, support for executive visits, and event planning.
- Demonstrated maturity and professionalism with a positive attitude - business professional attire is required daily.
- Enjoy working in a high performing organization with high expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with executives and government officials.
- Strong project and event management experience/skills, attention to detail, and confidentiality.
- Excellent written communication skills to provide high quality briefing support to the FGA team.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite - Word / Excel / PowerPoint.
- Experience working on Capitol Hill, in the Administration or with a relevant business association.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.