Skills: Facilities Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Employee Referral Posting-MCBU - Facilities Engineer - Process Risk (PSG 22-24, FL 3-5, 1 Position) located in Midland, TX Texas through April 19, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
This position will be part of the Process Risk Team supporting MCBU in strengthening the Process Safety/Technical Safety culture and understanding.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide subject matter expertise on all aspects of Technical Safety and assist with deploying and sustaining the corporate TechSafe Procedure.
- Provide SME support and facilitation services focused on quantitative and qualitative risk assessments and may serve as an audit team member and Process Safety / Technical Safety SME in support of process safety reviews, safeguard stewardship workshops, SERIP Integrity Critical Assessment (ICA) reviews and compliance audits.
- Conduct consequence modeling, leading quantitative risk assessments, performing building siting assessments, facilitating qualitative risk assessments (i.e., What-If's, HAZOPs, HAZOP-LOPAs),
- Create/update high consequence scenario diagrams, performing risk screening for technical MOCs, validating and verifying high risk mitigations, etc.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in process safety, process risk management, PHA/HAZOP facilitation and/or dispersion modeling
- Knowledge of various types process safety information (i.e., P&ID, PFD, Cause and Effect Diagrams)
- Demonstrated experience in Upstream or Downstream Oil and Gas Operations with a preference for Onshore
- Must be able to travel locally to field locations up to one week in duration
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- Professional Engineering license
- Experience using modeling software with a preference for CANARY
- Experience with various types of Root Cause Analysis (RCA), i.e., 5 Why and Why Tree
- Experience working with OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) Standards (i.e., Asset Integrity, Risk Assessment)
- Previous Technical Safety experience and/or Qualified Facilitator designation is a plus however not required as the team has experienced, highly capable and willing mentors to train in-house as well as use ETC resources for training and mentoring.
- Process Safety Professional Certification by CCPS or a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Certification
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Midland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.