Skills: Workover or Completion
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of ETC Completion Engineer located in Chevron Office 1500 Louisiana, Houston, Texas
This position is accepting applicants until April 15th, 2019, 11:59 PM CST
HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE:
- Responsible for completion equipment technical support to all of Chevron's business units globally including evaluation, selection, qualification, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in completion hardware, design, and application (packers, bridge plugs, isolation valves, safety valves, flow control, intelligent completions, chemical injection, monitoring, etc.).
- Preferred SME in computational fluid dynamics and (CFD) and finite element analysis (FEA).
- Preferred SME in reliability analysis of completion equipment and systems
- Actively engage in Technology Development and Research projects in the Completion Engineering Unit from conception through commercialization.
- Participation in industry committees on equipment standards (API, ISO, etc)
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS: BS or MS degree in engineering related field required; 10+ years completion engineering experience. Occasional travel averaging 5-15% of the time but as high as 20-25% depending on project.
CRITICAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Strong to advanced knowledge of completion hardware and completion reliability, completion design, system integration and installation. Deepwater, HPHT, sand face completion, wellhead and subsea tree interface, and artificial lift experience desirable.
- Experience in engineering design, verification, and validation of completion hardware required. Knowledge of and experience with Reliability processes and use of Reliability tools (FMEA, RCA, RAM, RCM) desirable. Strong to advanced knowledge of industry standards (API, ISO, etc) and/or participation in industry committees preferred.
- Strong to advanced knowledge of fluid dynamics (e.g. turbulence, multiphase flow, erosion, etc.) and solid mechanics (e.g. mechanical loading, thermal effects, stress analysis, etc.), preferably as related to completion hardware and operations preferred. In-depth understanding of computation fluid dynamic (CFD) modeling and experience in applying CFD through use of software such as ANSYS Fluent and CFX is desirable. In-depth understanding of finite element analysis (FEA) and experience in applying FEA software such as ANSYS Mechanical or Abaqus is desirable.
- Wellsite operations experience required (drilling, completion or remedial). Ability to design and plan well completions including tubular design, material selection and integration of equipment desirable. Production engineering experience desirable.
- Innovative with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong, established network with service providers and other operators. Project management skills a plus. Requires ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others to achieve Company goals. Strong business and customer focus. Actively shares Best Practices and lessons learned. Experience on major capital projects a plus.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Review federal laws protecting equal rights for applicants and employees (EEO is the Law)
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
For more information about E-Verify please click on a link below.
E-Verify Poster (English) or E-Verify Poster (Spanish)
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.