Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of ETC - Air Technology Scientist/Engineer located in Houston, TX or San Ramon, CA through April 26, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides significant contribution to success of technical air projects on a wide range of Air technology issues to solve difficult challenges related to air pollution control, emission estimating, regulatory compliance, permitting issues, greenhouse gas emission estimation/projections, and other air related areas. Will lead research projects.
- Consult to Chevron's operating companies on Air technology issues such as air pollution control technology options and costs, and emissions estimating methods.
- Adapts technical knowledge to business applications.
- Develops and delivers training on a range of environmental technology issues.
- Participate in industry committees (e.g. API) working to advance the state of Air technology. May provide guidance in regulatory interpretation or air permitting requirements and technical support for legal or regulatory advocacy and compliance assurance. Building sphere of influence in technical, industry, and regulatory communities.
• Master's in Engineering or Environmental discipline
• Technical Air SME: 5 plus years proven experience air technical experience
• Or a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Environmental discipline with 10 plus years of industry air experience with peer - reviewed publications
• Proven Technical Expertise in some of the following air technology areas including R&D: emissions inventory preparation; knowledge of NOx, SOX, VOC, and air toxic emission control technologies; sensing and imaging technologies; knowledge of federal and state air regulations and experience with regulatory advocacy and compliance; familiarity with stack sampling, ambient monitoring, and greenhouse gas emission estimation and emission modeling projections.
• R&D Technology Development: Proven university or Chevron R&D experience providing innovative solutions to environmental problems with experience in air technology R&D. Solves or provides some leadership for the solution of difficult technical problems. Ability to adapt technical knowledge to business applications. Ability to provide technical consulting to support air technology projects including providing assessments of new technologies for environmental applications. Experience in project planning and management and technology assessment.
• Communication and facilitation: Excellent oral and written communication, including strong ability to communicate technical issues effectively. Demonstrated ability to develop and provide effective presentations and training worldwide. Peer reviewed publications is a plus.
• Team Player: Demonstrated ability to build team consensus and work effectively and collaboratively in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment. Strong customer focus and skilled in managing the delivery of high quality, value-added technical HES consulting services that meet customer expectations within agreed budget and schedule, including for international customers in different time
• PhD in Engineering or Environmental discipline preferred
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.