Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Employee Engagement Specialist located in San Ramon, CA through April 25, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
We are looking for an Employee Engagement Specialist to join the Employee Engagement and CR organization. The position reports in to the Employee Engagement Advisor. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated team player who wants to help transform how we engage employees through communications and programs that drive better business results, help employees feel connected and valued and inspire our workforce to become company advocates.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Develops and executes communications plans targeted to our global workforce in support of enterprise initiatives and campaigns.
- Oversees creation, development and implementation of content via enterprise social channels and websites.
- Leverages analytics and measurement to draw actionable insights to continually improve employee engagement.
- Manages select corporate activities targeted to the workforce, including live in-person events, webcasts, conference calls, etc.
- Program management includes strategy and plan development, logistical execution and coordination, content development, budgetary planning, executive engagement and scheduling, and management of the program's analytics and measurement.
- Provides internal communications support to senior leaders as needed including developing communications plans and materials (town hall presentations, talking points, event invitations, etc.), providing execution support, coaching and counseling.
- Adapts easily to rapidly changing, dynamic environments and changes approach to fit the unique needs of the audience, project or organizational requirements as needed.
- Drives alignment and coordination of employee engagement content and priorities. Requires working closely with other Public Affairs team members.
- Bachelor Degree in Communications or related field of study required.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience as outlined below is necessary.
- Demonstrated skills in strategic communications planning and the ability to develop communications plans, lead multi-faceted/complex communications initiatives simultaneously and oversee tactical implementation.
- Strong, demonstrable communication skills (verbal and written) and experience developing a wide variety of communications content (e.g. key messages, fact sheets, executive remarks/talking points, PowerPoint presentations, videos, brochures/collateral and knowledge of/experience in various mediums/channels (e.g. print, face-to-face, web communications, social media).
- Strong ability to collaborate and work on cross-functional teams; strong influencing skills
- Strong organizational and demonstrated project management skills (production schedules/timelines, cost estimates and budget tracking), attention to detail and the ability to produce high-quality output with minimal errors in a fast-pace environment.
- Ability to undertake basic research and analysis, and analyze business and communications challenges; draw actionable insights, present solutions, and implement learnings to drive continuous improvement.
- Candidates should possess the desire and patience to evolve existing programs, the creativity to introduce new ideas, and the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Close collaboration and coordination with multiple internal and external partners are required.
- Applicants should demonstrate enthusiasm and a strong commitment to the company and employees.
- Public Relations agency experience preferred
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.