Skills: Document Control
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Document Controller to join the Document Control team. Based in Perth, this is a two-year maximum term role and will report to the Document Control Lead.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure all controlled documents are managed in accordance with the relevant document control and Chevron Australia standards and conventions.
- Ensure integrity and completeness of Chevron Australia's engineering/technical and business control document collections within the Document Management System (DMS) master repository.
- Work directly with Chevron Australia internal customers, stakeholders and external parties to support day-to-day controlled document requirements as well as long-term document objectives relating to Phase 5 Operations.
- Support the development and facilitate the implementation of customer technology and processes (e.g. SharePoint, McLaren Enterprise Engineer, external collaboration sites, online workflows) to assist in the timely provision of the document control service.
- Develop and execute team strategy deliverables applicable to maintaining and continuously improving service (customer, technology and process).
- Develop, generate and distribute business reports and analysis as required to support compliance and refinement initiatives e.g., outstanding document review and approvals, process safety information updates.
- Foster and support document control best practice within Chevron Australia, and develop personnel knowledge of, and commitment to, key behaviours required for successful document and information management practice.
- Ensure Chevron Australia's document control governance and standards are current and complete.
- Monitor compliance and quality assurance activities to ensure integrity and completeness of controlled documentation.
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and Chevron best practices
Key skills and experience required:
- Tertiary level qualification (diploma or degree) preferred but not essential.
- 5+ years document control experience.
- Exposure to the oil and gas industry is highly desirable; specifically, experience with the information/document management requirements and challenges relating to business control and brownfield project documentation lifecycles and collections.
- Proven experience in document control processes, tools and information products to support an effective document control service.
- Experience working with McLaren Enterprise Engineer Document Control tool as well as Documentum, SharePoint and Remedy.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results.
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron's values of diversity and inclusion, high performance, integrity and trust, partnership and protecting people and the environment.
Why join Chevron:
- Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and has been present in Australia for more than 60 years
- You will be provided a competitive package and an opportunity to contribute to two of Australia's largest oil and gas projects
- Chevron offers career development opportunities to all employees including onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and committed to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron supports work-life balance and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
- A nine-day fortnight is offered for eligible roles
We actively encourage applications from Australian Aboriginals, women, mature age applicants, candidates with disabilities and those with diverse cultural backgrounds. To be a part of our success, apply now.
Position Close Date: Wednesday 24 April 2019, 3pm WST
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.