Skills: Truck / HGV Driver
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Delivery Coordinator - Tanker Trucks located in San Ramon, CA California/United States through April 19, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 400859
Delivery Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and arranging transportation for Direct Served commerical customers, dispatching gasoline loads to Chevron Stations and inventory management. Position requires an individual who is flexible, organized, and a team player. Must possess great communication and customer service skills. Must be able to perform under pressure of time constraints and multitask. We are a 365 day a year operation; therefore, must be able to work a schedule that often includes weekends, holidays and PM shift. This position is on a 4/10 work schedule.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Dispatches over 200 Direct Served loads daily.
- Closely Liaisons with customers, carriers and and operations partners.
- Receives and handles customers inquires and complaints.
- Monitors and resolves inventory issues for 1700 Forecasted stations.
- Coordinates with Transportation Specialist in securing optimal number of transports.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years of commercial dispatch or gasoline inventory management experience.
- Knowledgeable in Service Station inventory management
- Demonstrated intermediate experience using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Ability to access, analyze and act to resolve daily and on going issues.
- Ability to initiate process improvements.
- Effective and professional communications and telephone skills.
- Effective interpersonal, customer service and teamwork skills dealing with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Loss Prevention System and efforts to steward the process.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a reliable work history.
- Must have the ability to work a rotating schedule that often includes weekends, holidays and PM shift as needed.
- Must have the ability to work a 4/10 work schedule (four 10 hour work days/per week) .
- 2+ years commercial trucking dispatch experience.
- Petroleum truck dispatch experience.
- TMW (dispatching forecast software) experience.
- Ability to quickly learn new software, upgrades and procedures.
- Transportation Operations experience.
- Oil and Gas experience.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.