Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Employee Referral Posting - S&T - Crude Trader located in Houston, TX Texas/United States through April 16, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
The Crude Trader in Crude Supply and Trading (CSAT) is responsible for all supply, system optimization, and trading for profit for all major grades of crude oil. CSAT secures the best prices for selling Chevron's upstream production and for purchasing crudes used by our refineries. Traders are responsible for creating value by monitoring, analyzing and acting in their assigned market/region to monetize commodities around Chevron assets and third-party opportunities. Traders also work closely with Chevron Shipping Company, Chevron Pipe Line Company and third parties to transport crudes for customers around the world including Chevron's Americas Products and International Products organizations.
Key responsibilities for Traders include:
- Develop and execute strategies to monetize and ensure optimal flow of respective commodity
- Leverage business development colleagues, external relationships and market intelligence to execute spot and term trades and maximize netback realizations for the company
- Maintain rapid-turnaround, shorter term tools to support daily position taking and deal valuation
- Create and implement contingency plans to assure flow of production through logistics and commercial agreements
- Enhance earnings through third-party trading
- Maintain essential knowledge of infrastructure for commodity markets, both onshore and offshore
- Support delivery of annual business plan target for the region
- Monitor deal profitability and manage risk (e.g. pricing, logistics, royalties) and adhere to all trading procedures and controls
- Engage with industry experts and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Collaborate with regional trading teams to understand and trade based on global supply and demand
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of trading and/or origination experience
- 5+ years of crude commodity and/or markets experience
- Flexibility and availability to execute 24/7 trading activities
- Understands trading and market fundamentals including refining value, spreads, arbs, and risk management
- Understands commodity risk/reward concepts and evaluation techniques
- Knowledge of trading compliance, counterparty risk and credit risk
- Understands deal economics around pipeline and waterborne trading, global arb trading and market structure (contango/backwardation)
- Strong analytical skills and understand technical charting analysis
- Self-Motivated with strong entrepreneurial Spirit
- Demonstrated capability to commit to continuous improvements with proven results
- Team player and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Firm understanding of risk management
- Excellent communication skills
- Digital mindset and innovative thinker
- Desire to grow in the trading organization
- Believe in getting results the right way
- Occasional Travel may be required.
- Master's degree in business or finance
- Experience using Right Angle and/or Endur applications
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.