Skills: Pipeline Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Buras, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of CPP Associate Pipeliner located in Buras, LA through April 16, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Overview of Position:
This position is with Chevron Pipe Line Company (CPL), headquartered in Houston, TX. CPL deals in the transport of crude oil, refined petroleum products, liquefied petroleum gas, natural gas and chemicals within the United States. Pipeliners coordinate their own work and work with other team members or contractors in performing daily operations and maintenance work processes. They act on their own initiative to identify and correct work place hazards, unsafe practices, security violations or environmental concerns. Pipeliners may act as a field team liaison with Subject Matter Experts and perform link pin or link pin type responsibilities. Pipeliners use quality tools and methods to make independent decisions in performing daily work. Pipeliners maintain a minimum of Hazwoper Level III and Level V certification, and possess a demonstrable knowledge of emergency response procedures, gained from either hypothetical drills or actual experience.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Actively participate in team work planning, and in process improvement activities. Use effective written, oral and listening communication skills in performing daily work to communicate with other members and employees across CPL.
- Assist in a variety of mechanical, technical, and electrical tasks as required. Operate and service motor vehicles in support of pipeline activities.
- Assist in a variety of operating skills which may include setting and verifying valve and manifold line-ups, maintaining and cleaning equipment, changing and installing blind flanges, meter proving along with assisting in meter repairs, monitoring the cathodic protection systems.
- Perform routine housekeeping in shop, field and control room work areas.
- May perform limited carpentry, masonry, painting and insulating work. Clear, mark and maintain right-of-ways including identifying encroachments, marking lines, clearing brush, and painting markers.
- Perform routine compliance inspections.
- Perform a variety of functions for third party excavations near assigned facilities including; line-marking, line riding, witnessing line crossings to ensure our facilities are protected, performing basic pipeline coating repair and documenting appropriate data.
- Inspect pipeline crossings (exposed pipe) and third-party crossings.
- Launch and receive pigs.
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations and assist other team members in conducting hypothetical drills.
- Inspect fire and other safety equipment and systems to ensure that they are maintained and operational.
- Perform basic safety duties such as fire-watch and safety monitor.
- Maintain and assist with minor repairs to pipelines and pipeline equipment including simple instrument and electrical repairs.
- Act as Person-in-Charge for simple lockout/tag out procedures for piping and equipment repairs.
- Perform basic SAP-PM tasks including accessing and reviewing their work center and creating 3 types of notification which include Malfunction Reports, Maintenance Reports and Activity Reports.
- Visually inspect the condition of equipment and pipelines to ensure that equipment is running within design limits and is properly maintained.
- Terminal specific knowledge in operation of the ship dock, operation of MVR system, end of the month close out, methanol and sulphur product quality testing. Trained in USCG regulations dealing with marine terminals. Performing 653 monthly tank inspections. Work 7/7 schedule and shift work.
- Respond to inquiries regarding leaks, line locations and encroachments and take appropriate action to rectify.
- May operate and maintain shop equipment and various hand tools.
- May perform limited carpentry, masonry, painting and insulating work.
- In consultation with the HES SME, dispose of, or direct the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily worked performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all hazardous waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
- With direction from the HES SME, prepare manifests for the shipment of hazardous wastes and prepare soil or other samples for shipment.
- Assist with the implementation of the Business Plan at the Field Team level.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years pipeline or industry related experience.
- Successful candidates will be required to participate and successfully complete a 3-6 month training program.
- Hazwoper Level III & V certification required. If not currently certified, must become certified within 1 year of hire, and certifications must be maintained.
- Valid Driver's License Required- No DWI/DUI 3 years. No more than 1 moving violation in past 2 years. DMV records will be checked.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior to independently performing any DOT covered tasks, must meet DOT requirements for operator qualification.
- Work experience in operations (particularly pipeline operations), or in a military environment preferred.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: New Orleans
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.