Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Skills: Business Analyst, Financial Analyst
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. To learn more, visit the Explore Chevron website.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Cash and Receivables - Bank Reconciliation Analyst and Unclaimed Property Analyst located in Makati City, Philippines.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Bank Reconciliation Process:
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Performs monthly cash analysis to identify critical items that need to be adjusted before the books close
- Collaborates with key business partners (e.g. bank, treasury groups, other MSSC teams and Business Units) to identify, analyze and resolves reconciling items.
- Initiate discussions with key business partners to ensure front-end controls are in place that will prevent recurrence of issues and/or to address process inefficiencies.
- Propose miscellaneous journal entries for posting which include payment returns, bank service fees, interest, withholding taxes, and bank and book errors based on analysis of bank reconciliation statements.
- Monitors cash in depot, cash in transit, cash clearing and cash suspense accounts
- Monitors and endorses long-outstanding checks for Unclaimed Property reporting
- Analyzes miscellaneous balance sheet accounts and clearance/transfer of balances to appropriate accounts as necessary.
Unclaimed Property Process:
- Timely, completely, and accurately submits Unclaimed Property Reports to various State Governments in the US
- Complies with State requirements on Due Diligence (sending of Search Letters)
- Liaises with source departments (Bank Rec, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Intercompany ) for reissuance of payments to located payees or cancellations
- Coordinates with the Royalty Group in Houston for Royalty reissuances
- Reconciles the Unclaimed Property GL Account against Unclaimed Property system (TRACKER) balance
- Performs clean-up of vendor details data ( name, address ) in TRACKER system by comparing data in SAP master data and internet web search.
- Liaises with Excise Tax/UP Oversight Analyst for state audit requirements and inquiries
- Initiates BU/Source Department engagements to drive down number of reportable items year on year
- Handles inquiries received through the group mailbox
- Identifies and implements improvements related to individual or team tasks/processes
- Prepares and updates current work plan as necessary to achieve performance goals.
- Determines action plans to increase accuracy and efficiency, and to meet process/project objectives.
- Attends functional trainings and participates in self-study courses.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned, including coordination roles, and participation in MSSC/FSS/global projects
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidate will work in the Philippines under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.