Skills: Accounting, Business Analyst, Financial Analyst
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: US$90000 - US$100000 per year
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
This position will be responsible for researching, interpreting, and analyzing market and company financial data and trends; developing perspectives on future performance in various scenarios; effectively communicating findings to business unit leaders and corporate functions; supporting the business unit and corporate budget/forecasting function; providing general ad-hoc financial support to business units and corporate functions relating to budgets, plans, forecasts and project related matters.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Preparation of studies, reports and analyses in areas such as budgets, financial plans, statistical reports, cash flow, projections and business forecasts
- Researches and prepares economic reports on subjects such as rate of return, working capital requirements, investment opportunities and performance and impact of governmental requirements
- Assists in the development of the budget, planning and other corporate financial requirements
- Assists in the preparation of the monthly forecast and annual plan documents
- Maintains records in accordance with Company policies
- Ensures the operation and effectiveness of key process (operational and financial) controls through regular review and periodic self-checks
- Interacts professionally with both internal and external constituents; maintains effective working relationships and works in cooperation with the local accounting personnel for the assigned operations
- Assist in maintenance of the 5-year financial strategic model
- Provide variance analysis for Actuals/Forecast
- Interact with group controllers to understand changes in forecast assumptions
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks
- Must have excellent leadership and analytical skills
- Must have excellent PC skills to include all MS Office products (specifically in Excel and Essbase)
- Must be proficient interpreting and analyzing financial and credit report analyses
- Must have financial modelling skills
- Hyperion/Essbase experience preferred
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate in a professional manner with staff, management, customers and vendors
- Must be highly motivated and able to interact with high level executives
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while managing time in a proficient and effective manner
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability to include depth perception, peripheral vision and rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the corporate office of Parker Drilling.
* Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
* Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
* Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
* Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
* Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
* As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.