Skills: Engineering Technician, Electrical Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons are recruiting a Lead Electrical Technician to work on the Dunlin Alpha:
Job Title: Lead Electrical Technician
- Act as Responsible Person Electrical (RPE)
- Lead team to achieve the required performance of equipment and systems
- To ensure the team delivers its activities on the asset in a safe and efficient manner that is in accordance with the asset plan and in compliance with work processes and procedures
- As RPE, the Lead Electrical Technician shall be the senior authority for all matters of electrical safety on the installation.
- As RPE, the Lead Electrical Technician shall be responsible for the control and safety of all electrical equipment on the installation.
- To ensure the availability of all electrical plant and power generation equipment.
- Organising, planning and executing the electrical planned and corrective maintenance regime
- Lead all Electrical Technicians.
- Ensure collaboration between all discipline and operations support technicians.
- Ensuring that all electrical plant and equipment is available.
- Ensuring that all electrical activities are carried out safely and in accordance with the Electrical Safety Rules and adherence to the Control of Work system.
- Responsible for spares and maintenance of all electrical equipment.
- Carrying out planned and corrective electrical maintenance in accordance with the requirements of the planned maintenance system.
- Coordinate and provide support to other trades/disciplines where it is safe to do so, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
- Carrying out emergency response duties as allocated.
Required qualifications / certification:
- Technical apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme
- HNC in Electrical Engineering (post-2009 apprenticeships).
- NVQ/SVQ Level 3 certification in Instrumentation & Control OR: In lieu of formal technical qualifications, candidate may offer apprenticeship and substantial experience in offshore maintenance with an auditable track record of consistently good performance. They will have recently held a senior/supervisory maintenance engineering role on a permanently manned producing facility for a significant period
- Mandatory offshore certificates
- COMPEX (Hazardous Areas)
- Management of Working at Height
- Capability to perform allocated emergency duties
- Existing appointment or have the capability to progress to RPE
- NVQ 4 supervisory qualification
- First Step Course or similar
- Emergency First Aid
- HV/LV Switching
- Risk Assessment
- HNC in Electrical Engineering (pre-2009 apprenticeships)
- Senior electrical operations and/or maintenance position held for a significant period
- Good knowledge of electrical maintenance techniques and tools
- Comprehensive experience of offshore electrical maintenance
- Knowledge of planned maintenance systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Specialist electrical maintenance
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills:
- Motivated and eager to contribute to continuous improvement
- Provide proactive and visible HS&E behaviours, demonstrating commitment to safety through language, behaviour and actions, complying with WorleyParsons Safety Rules and committed to zero tolerance of unsafe acts
- Confident and assertive with good analytical abilities
- Thorough and reliable worker and able to work on own initiative
- Undertake personal development programmes as required to keep technically up to date
- Promote lateral learning and best practice
- Work flexibly as part of a team and provide support and training to other team members to enhance flexible working
- Able to take a lead role in emergency duties
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to apply practical interpretation of ESR and guidance
- Must work at all times in accordance with Company policies and procedures and in the best interest of WorleyParsons
- Must comply with the requirements of the Company's and/or the Client's Safety Management System (SMS)
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR).