Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, and Louisiana. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Operations Technician for their facility located in Watford City, ND. Job Responsibilities
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Engine Preventative Maintenance, as able / qualified / available
- Gas Meter Maintenance, as able / qualified / available
- Gas Monitor Maintenance, as able / qualified / available
- Gas / Process Quality
- Gas Chromatograph Operation, to ensure working properly, and immediate notification if otherwise
- Load Rack Efficiency, including safe / proper procedure, with environmental awareness (no spills)
- Truck Loading / Ticketing
- Manage Inventory
- Ethylene Glycol
- Manage Incoming Pig Operation; Recognition of Schedule / Receiving / Documentation
- Maximize Plant Throughput Efficiencies
- Plant Operating Duties for Straight Refrigeration Plant
- MOC's, Recognition of need and facilitation of proper protocol
- Pipe Maintenance, as able / qualified / available
- PSM Compliance
- Pump Maintenance, as able / qualified / available
- Valve Inspections and Maintenance - At specified time frames, along with appropriate documentation
- Starting / Stopping of all Plant Equipment
- Call Out Status / Rotation
- Emergency Call-Out
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Knowledge of cryogenic and propane refrigeration gas processing.
- Knowledge of gas gathering systems.
- Prior experience with Wonderware HMI graphics.
- Prior work experience in extreme weather.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.