Skills: HR - General, Payroll
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advance drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified HR Coordinator.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the HR Coordinator is responsible for the administration of the Nabors Drilling Solutions (NDS) payroll and assist with the planning, coordination and implementation of Human Resource programs and activities.
• Work with HR manager, leadership teams and Operations Management on the planning, coordination and implementation of HR projects and initiatives
• Verify and process payroll including the calculation of hours, special adjustments, bonuses, advances, deductions, taxes, etc.
• Prepare various reports related to salaried, hourly, and field employees, turnover, and overtime for the HR department
• Prepare various reports for the Accounting team on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Ensure all accounting procedures are accurate and meet internal and external audit requirements
• Process new hires, change of status, and terminations including submitting requests for new positions and/or changes to existing positions.
• Perform customer service functions by answering employee questions and requests in a prompt and professional manner
• Maintain up-to-date and organized personnel files within the electronic systems and databases
• Assist in ad-hoc HR projects, like collection of employee feedback
• Coordinate training sessions and seminars; schedule meetings and HR events
• Make photocopies; mail, scan and email documents; and perform other clerical functions
• 2-3 years of HR experience
• Must have a high school diploma or recognized equivalent.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel and Outlook) and skilled in a windows based HRIS.
• Must be extremely organized and have the ability to establish and adhere to priorities
• Work independently, multi-task, and proceed with objectives/projects with little or no supervision
• Must be able to coach employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional issues.
• Self-starter with strong desire to accomplish assignments in an accurate and timely manner
• Must possess the ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality
• Must possess good writing skills and be able to utilize basic analytical skills
• Must have the ability to create, read, analyze and interpret common reports
• Must have desire to assist the company in change management.
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
• Two years of higher education. Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related business field is a benefit.
• 2-3 years of payroll processing experience
• Professional Human Resource certification.
• Experience with Oracle payroll systems.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Computer skills required - job entails working with several software applications
• Good written and verbal communication skills required
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proven ethics, professionalism and discretion
• Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work independently
• Overtime may be necessary at times
• This position operates in a professional office environment where you will be required to utilize standard office equipment
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.