Job Description Job Description :
The primary intent of the Wells Supervisor-in-Training internship program is to provide interested individuals with the opportunity to learn about and participate in Shell's Drilling, Completion or Well Interventions field operations and to preview the lifestyle and work schedules required to be a successful supervisor in the Wells Unconventional organization.
This assignment is temporary and there is no guarantee of permanent employment. This 4- to 6-month internship program (suite of benefits is included) is located in Fox Creek area, Alberta. The intern will be assigned to a Senior Wells Supervisor who will serve as a coach for the duration of the internship. Individuals are expected to adhere to all Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) standards, as HSSE is critical to all aspects of Shell's operations. Interns will have the opportunity to demonstrate their leadership abilities and learn from an experienced staff while being involved in many of the following activities:
- Participation in daily HSSE meetings and assessments to drive HSSE performance in the field
- Planning, supervising, documenting and driving performance in good activities
- Tracking costs and managing budgets
- Well handovers/handbacks between Shell organizations • Implementation of new techniques and technologies
Interfacing with Shell engineering staff, procurement, HSSE group, regulatory, internal Shell stakeholders and external contractors Upon successful completion of the internship, the candidate would be converted to a fulltime permanent position in the role of Supervisor-in-Training where s/he will train onshore in the Fox Creek area, Alberta for approximately 2-3 years. Approximately in the first 3 years, the successful candidate receiving a full-time Supervisor-in-Training position must complete a Shell Wells specific distance learning program called Round 1 and Round 2 training and must do a 12-month technical office work experience in Calgary which is a Monday to Friday work schedule (8hrs/day). Please note that although engineers are welcome to apply, this program is NOT intended for individuals seeking engineering roles within Shell. Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Canada, we have operated for over a century and are a major producer and marketer of oil, gas and petrochemicals, Canada's largest producer of sulphur and a significant oil sands developer. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future.Requirements
- Must have completed a 2- or 4-year degree preferably in a technical program.
- Must have earned a "B" or higher in college-level Algebra and Trigonometry and have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer without requiring sponsorship.
- Minimum of 3 years' work experience in either oil and gas, industrial, marine, manufacturing or military work environment is preferred.
- Must have solid experience demonstrating leadership skills.
- Prior work experience in an environment with formal safety policies/procedures is preferred.
- Prior experience in a drilling/completion operations environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the regulatory requirements for onshore drilling and completion operations is preferred.
- Ability to work across diverse cultures and backgrounds and virtual teams.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer programs including email, Microsoft-related applications, and some Shell-specific web-based programs.
- Must be committed to participating in the Shell Wells Round 1 / Round 2 Distance Learning Certification Program/Exams and complete the Shell Advanced Technical Program.
- Willingness to work a 2-week on 2-week off rotation in a field operations environment which will be onshore AND will include a period of approximately 12 months in an office environment in Calgary on a Monday to Friday work schedule.
- Willingness to fully embrace Shell's Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) policies and programs.
- Willingness to support Shell's policy of a drug-free and harassment-free work environment.
- Willingness to work at heights, climb ladders/stairs and walk on high elevation grating as needed and work in all weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
- Willingness to travel to/from home to work location prior to start and after the end of each rotation, including remote onshore location (Shell will reimburse or provide all related travel and living expenses for each rotation. Shell provided housing may be provided, may require accommodation sharing, and may be located at the well location).
- Willingness to submit to and obtain satisfactory results from hair follicle drug testing.
- Willingness to submit to and achieve satisfactory results on all background and medical checks.
- This role is a great fit for a junior military officer or enlisted rank of SGT or higher with a technical background and leadership of small teams.
- Solid knowledge of Algebra is a must.
- Current drivers license is required
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.