Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sacramento, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Fire Plans Examiner / Inspector
Bureau Veritas North America Inc. a global leader in quality assurance, health, safety and environmental (QHSE) solutions is seeking highly experienced, motivated Certified Building and Fire Inspectors and Plan Review for a Full Time positon in the Sacramento area. Inspectors with Plan Review experience strongly preferred. Recognized and accredited by the largest national and international organizations, and with over 70,000 employees, Bureau Veritas has unparalleled expertise and resources to manage projects requiring a broad range of expertise, across vast geographies. Bureau Veritas has operations in over 140 countries and all continents.
• AA Degree in a related technical field is desirable
• Bachelor's Degree in Fire Science, Fire Protection Engineer or other related field is desirable
• Minimum of three years of experience as a fire plans examiner or fire inspector, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• California State Fire Marshal certification as a Fire Prevention Officer, Fire Protection Specialist, or Plans Examiner is desirable
• Candidates possessing current ICC Fire Inspector I, Fire Inspector II, Fire Plans Examiner, IAAI/CFI or NAFI/CFEI, NFPA, NICET, or other related certifications are desirable
• Must have a valid driver's license and safe driving record
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be a team player and able to work well with clients and co-workers
• Must possess problem solving skills
• Bilingual a plus
• Working knowledge of office computer software - Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Perform a full range of fire plan review, inspection, and evaluation of residential and non-residential buildings and structures which may include fire alarm systems, automatic fire extinguishing systems, standpipes and their appurtenances, kitchen hood extinguishing systems, and other types of plan reviews that are part of various fire code permitted activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Conducts plan review and/or technical inspections of new and remodel construction projects including fire suppression systems, fire detection system, etc.
• Conduct basic and advanced inspections to identify and eliminate fire hazards and other hazardous conditions
• Conduct necessary re-inspections to determine that required and/or recommended corrections and changes have been made
• Issue orders and notices of citations or corrective actions
• Prepare written plan review correspondence and update information into various computer software programs.
• Explain and answer client questions regarding generated plan review letters. May interact directly with clients and their staff.
• Other duties as assigned by the Fire Marshal or Fire Chief
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.