Job Description Job purpose / Role:
The Field Reliability Engineer is the focal point for Operational Reliability (OR), Risk and Reliability Management (RRM), and the Reliability Management Framework (RMF) for the Argentina asset. The Field Reliability Engineer will also provide front-line engineering support to operations on an emergency basis.
- OR is the primary support to setting and meeting reliability targets for the asset through the Manage Threats and Opportunities process, root cause analysis using Causal Learning, and reliability data collection and analysis.
- RRM involves balancing life cycle costs against reliability performance, primarily through assurance and optimization of preventative maintenance and spare parts strategies. RRM also includes application of tools and methods to determine appropriate equipment criticality.
- RMF is the organizational and cultural element of reliability that includes reliability management systems, reliability competency development, and embedding reliability behaviors throughout the asset.
- Front-line engineering support is primarily provided by the Field Facility Engineers. When necessary, and at the discretion of the Surface Technical Team Lead, the Field Reliability Engineer could provide additional support for specific operational troubleshooting or other engineering activities.
- Reliability Culture: Act as a champion of reliability within the asset, coaching and influencing at all levels to increase focus on understanding and eliminating root causes of unreliability. Act as custodian of the asset Reliability Management Framework, including periodic updates.
- MTO (Manage Threats and Opportunities): Act as the custodian of the MTO process, providing support and coaching to the production reliability teams in threat (and opportunity) identification, ranking, investigation, and close-out. Maintain the MTO database.
- Risk and Reliability Management: Maintain schedule for maintenance strategy reviews and conduct the review based on Risk & Reliability Management principles with tools such as PM Optimization (PMO), REM strategy reviews, RCM and PM Library where applicable. Implement condition based maintenance (CBM) approach and condition monitoring (CM) strategies where appropriate.
- Reliability and Availability Improvement: Utilize reliability engineering tools (FMEA, reliability modeling, Weibull analysis, etc.) to identify and understand threats to reliability and availability. Apply RCA techniques to understanding and eliminating those threats.
- Management of Change: Initiate and progress any changes (PM routines, procedural/process changes, etc.) through the MOC process as required to improve reliability performance.
- Root Cause Analysis: Facilitate Root Cause Analysis or Causal Learning Investigations as necessary to support reliability improvement or at the direction of asset leadership. Act as the asset Subject Matter Expert for RCA methodologies, particularly 5-Why and Causal Learning, and provide coaching across the asset in application of the methods.
- Data Mining and Analysis: Act as the custodian of reliability and maintenance data, using existing systems to monitor and report KPIs, as well as identify bad actors and threats to reliability through the use of reliability engineering tools.
- Spare/Material Management: Facilitate periodic reviews on critical spares, min/max inventory levels, Material Master coding and support on list of materials creation and upload into CMMS.
- Front Line Engineering Support: Provide engineering support to operations as required, including assistance with troubleshooting and process management (MOC, MTO, etc.)
- 1 - 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Onshore oil production background and/or experience in field operations is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a related engineering discipline.
- Knowledge level competency demonstrated for Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) techniques and methods, preferably including Causal Learning.
- Knowledge level competency in Managing Threats & Opportunities (MTO), Manage Equipment Care (MEC), and Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM).
- Knowledge level understanding of Asset Integrity - Process Safety Management (AI-PSM) concepts and processes.
- Knowledge level competency in Production System Optimization (PSO), Wells, Reservoir, and Facility Management (WRFM), and Alarm Management processes.
- Demonstrated abilities to work across multi-disciplinary teams that could include operations, leadership, finance, engineering, regulatory, and others.
- Change Management skills, including knowledge level understanding of the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Fluent in English & Spanish